Chpt 14

Chapter 14: King

{Few days later}

So, I’m by myself again. This is just my luck. I guess it’s my fault how I treated Rayne. But, shit, she deserves it. I told her not to catch feelings. My heart wouldn’t be in the relationship; I’m too in love with Nasir. She just would’ve been another jump-off, and I know that’s not what she wanted. Rayne is an intelligent and beautiful woman, but she’s just not the woman for me. Now, she won’t be the woman for anybody because Ima kill her. She stole from me. When people steal from me, death is the only way I’ll forgive them. She knew what she was getting into when she started working with me. I had a set of rules that were meant to be followed. I rolled and lit my blunt up. My mood was all fucked up; I wanted Rayne’s head on a silver platter. That bitch must’ve lost her mind. Shit, I gave her what she wanted and this is how she repays me? By taking my money? I’m mad as a mother fucker right now. The weed was easing my tension a little, but I was still burnt up. I sat in my car several blocks down from Nasir’s new house. I found myself doing this every so often. Damn, I miss my family. I heard through the grapevine that she was having a birthday BBQ for me. Shit, I wish I was there. Nasir knows how to throw down in the kitchen. Fuck, I’m hungry. My stomach started to growl. I watched as cars started to pull up in Nasir’s driveway. I saw Tyrone, Lizbeth, and Cameron get out of the car. Tyrone looks a lil stressed out. Damn, I hope he’s alright. A few minutes later, Terrence and Yani pulled up. They were greeted by Nasir and Keymani. My heart felt like it skipped a beat. Keymani has gotten so big. She and Cameron started to run around the front yard while Nasir and Terrence talked. Knowing Tyrone, he’s probably in the house stuffing his face. I smirked at the thought. Nasir looked even more beautiful than the way I left her. She had on a white half blouse with a blue and white striped high-low skirt. Her hair was in a neat bun. Damn, I wish I can mess that shit up right now. I took a last pull of my blunt and smashed it in the ashtray; I was ready to leave. As I took my car out of park, another car pulled up to the house. Thinking nothing of it, I started to drive off. I looked in my rearview mirror to see who it was; I almost crashed my car when I saw who Myra brought to the BBQ. Rayne.