Chpt 8

Chapter 8: Unknown

“Mom, I’m fine now you can go.” I sat at the edge of my bed. The feeling in my legs and arms are finally coming back. My mom has been here since I woke up from my coma. “Oh my precious baby. I’m just happy you’re awake now. I can’t wait to tell your sister.” My mom beamed with excitement. I smiled at her happiness. It was really nice to see someone after the shit I been through. “I thought I lost you when you got shot.” My mom said. “What happened mama? I really don’t remember much.” My chest ached from the bullet wounds. They healed pretty nicely though, but the scars are still there. “You were in some gang shooting. I think that’s what the police said, but what were you doing in a warehouse? You were suppose to be at home watching Cheyenne. You sister was worried sick about you because you didn’t come home.” My mom explained. A gang shooting? I thought long and hard trying to remember all that happened three years ago. Slowly but surely, the images came running through my mind. I was in a gang shooting. Aero. He was my boss. That’s the motherfucker that shot me! Bitch ass nigga, Ima send him to his grave when I get out of this hospital. “When the police arrived at the scene, it was a horrible sight. Everybody in there was dead. You had a very faint pulse, but you were alive.”

“Wait, you said everybody was dead?”

“Yes. Everybody. Well, at least the people that were in there. Ugh, I just hated the way the police described the scene. It was just bloody and horrible.”

Does that mean Aero died? I hope so, because if he’s not, I’ll kill his ass myself. “What in the world were you doing over there? You still haven’t asked my question.”

“Mama, don’t even worry about it.” I rolled my eyes trying to avoid this discussion I’m a grown ass man; I don’t need her interrogating me. “Let me tell you something! You may be grown, but you are still my child.” She said like she was reading my mind, “Don’t play with me boy. I’ll swing you across my knee and whip you.” I smiled at the thought of that. My mom is a short stubby woman and I’m a well built 6’1. “Okay mama I’m sorry.”

“Well, the doctor said you’ll be released tomorrow, so I’ll come pick you up.” My mom got up and kissed me on the cheek, “I love you baby.”

“I love you too mama.” She kissed me again on my forehead and left the room. The first thing I have to do is see if my house and car are still intact. Then I need to start making a few calls to get my money right again. Since Aero is possibly dead, I can finally take over the streets like I wanted to. But there’s still one thing that haunts me: that woman. I realized that it was the same person I saw in the warehouse. Then it hit me: Nasir. Her name’s Nasir. I do know her; I was in love with her.