Chpt 30

Chapter 30: Nasir

I sat deep in thought on the couch. We just got home from the mall, and Keymani went upstairs to take a nap. Trent was in the kitchen doing God knows what. My mind kept wandering to the conversation Lizbeth and I had. That Rayne chick really rubs me the wrong way; I never felt this way about a bitch before. Maybe she has something to do with him dying. Or maybe she’s been involved with him. The thought of Kindell actually cheating made me sick to my stomach, but then again I wouldn’t blame him. I know I have to get to the bottom of this now. Something is not adding up right. “Baby, are you okay?” Trent came and sat beside me on the couch. “I’m fine.” I replied nonchalantly. “Yeah, I just need to go to bed; I’m tired.”

“Okay well. I’ll see you later then. Ima just go head home.” Trent kissed my forehead and walked out the door. I sat on the couch for a few more minutes then made my way upstairs.”

King POV

As night fell, I sat in my car looking at the house, contemplating if I should get out or not. My mind was telling me one thing, but my body was speaking a while different language. As R. Kelly played softly throughout my car, I quickly shut it off so I can think. My mind was swarming with questions. How will she react if she opens that door?

Will she take me back?

Will she let me see my daughter?

Will she even wanna see me?

Questions like these made me want to just leave, but my body wouldn’t let me. I just had to see her. I’m tired of hiding from her and my daughter. I missed everything about Nasir. I missed her smell, her touch, her taste; I chuckled at the last thought. Oh how I missed her sweet taste. I made up my mind. I got out the car and walked towards the door. My palms were sweaty and my knees felt faintly weak, but I kept walking. As I got to the door step, my stomach felt knotted up. Maybe I should turn around. I shook my head. Nah, you know you can’t stand seeing Nasir with another nigga. I nodded my head at that comment in my head. I know you don’t want him raising your babygirl. You placed that seed in Nasir not that bum nigga. I smirked, “Yeah you right about that.” I mumbled. Ignoring my negative signs of nervousness, I acted on impulse and knocked on the door. It’s time for me to come home.