Chpt 4

Chapter 4: Lizbeth

The sudden sound of the front door slamming shut startled me. I flipped my bed covers back and turned my bedroom light on; I guess Tyrone’s finally home. The digital clock on the dresser read 3:00. Hell no, this nigga must’ve lost his mind. I slipped my feet into my hello kitty slippers and went downstairs. Tyrone was sitting on the couch watching TV with a bottle of liquor in his hand. Seeing this scene only made me even more enraged. I grabbed the bottle and the TV remote, turning it off. “Do you know what time it is?” I said whispering so I won’t wake Cameron. “Can you turn the TV back on and give my bottle back to me?” Tyrone said nonchalantly. His attitude and behavior were sickening me. I gripped the bottle in my hand and walked towards the front door. Then, I tossed the bottle out of the house, hearing it shatter in pieces in the street. I closed the door and stormed back to Tyrone. “There goes your motherfucking bottle!” I said slightly louder than I should have. I don’t need Cameron waking up to witness this. Tyrone stood up and faced me. “What the fuck is your problem?” He said loudly. “First of all, keep your voice down! Your son is sleep! You do remember him, huh? Because lately you have been neglecting your fatherly duties. Secondly, I’m not the one with the problem! Ever since King died, you have been doing absolutely nothing with your life. All you do is stay out and drink! I’m sick of you Tyrone. I did not become engaged to you just to sit up in the house worried about you all day!” Tyrone looked at me like he didn’t give a fuck what I just said, so I got through him the only way I knew how; I drew my hand back and smacked him with all of my might. Tyrone immediately grabbed and pushed me against the wall. “Smack me like that one more time, I swear to God-”

“What are you going to do? Hit me back? Huh? Are you going to hit the mother of your child Tyrone? Is this what we have come to?” I had tears forming in my eyes. My engagement was falling apart right in front of me. Tyrone gripped my wrists tightly and looked at me with so much sorrow in his eyes. “Tyrone-”

“Man fuck this shit!” Tyrone released me and stormed out the house. I slowly walked upstairs and cried myself to sleep hoping that things will get better.