Chpt 26

Chapter 26: Terrence

“This can’t be happening right now.” I said. Was King really standing in front of me? Instead of going out on a date, I decided to stay over at Rayne’s house and catch up with King. I felt like my mind was playing tricks on me, like it was all a dream. “So if you’re alive, does that mean DeShawn is too?” I asked sitting on the sofa with King. He shook his head no. “Nahh, Shawn really did die.” I heard the sudden sadness in his voice. “Why did you do it? Why lie?” This shit wasn’t adding up to me. I can’t believe King faked his own death. “I was putting Nasir and Keymani’s lives in danger; I had to leave. It wasn’t safe for them to be with me.”

“But you already know that we can handle anything together. That’s what we do.” I said. “Nahh man, I had to do this myself. And with Rayne’s help, I got the nigga who been after me.” Rayne smiled at King’s comment, “She’s something special.”

“Yeah, she is.” I pulled Rayne on my lap and kissed her neck. When I’m around her, she always made me feel comfortable. I was loving everything about little Miss Rayne. It’s been a long time since I felt this way. Matter of fact, I haven’t felt this way since Angela died; I swore I would never love again. Having Rayne enter my life was like another chance for me to get things right. “I can’t wait to see the look on Nasir’s face when she sees you.” Rayne gave King a weird look. I looked at her then back at King, “You’re not going to tell her?”

“More like you’re not going to tell her.” Rayne interceded. “Are you serious right now? Nah man King, you need to go back to yo’ ole lady.”

“I will, but-”

“But what?”

“I don’t know how Nasir will react. I made her go through three years thinking that I’m dead. I’m scared she might not want to be with me anymore.”

“You won’t know unless you go. She will be shocked, don’t get me wrong, but you need to go see her and Keymani.” King nodded his head, “I will. I promise.”