Chpt 34

Chapter 34: Rayne

I walked out of Nasir’s house feeling like shit. First of all, I didn’t even know King came back home to Nasir. I thought he left my house and went somewhere else. Once I saw him, the whole atmosphere just shifted. I called Terrence a few times, but he keeps sending me to voicemail. I didn’t want it to end like this. Just seeing King made me so infuriated. “King wait.” I said catching up to him. He was halfway to his car. “What the fuck do you want? Haven’t you done enough damage?” He looked at me with anger in his eyes. “Look, I didn’t except things to play out the way it did, but come on King, did you honestly think Nasir was gonna just take you back?”

“Yes Rayne! Yes I did, she’s my wife. I love her. No woman can ever EVER fill the place in my heart like Nasir can. I just wanted my family back, and you fucked it up by opening your mouth.”

“You brought this on yourself! You raped me King! Did you forget that?”

“You a fucking lie! You been begging for the D since we became partners and now you wanna cry rape? Get the fuck with that shit.” I sighed deeply trying to control the many emotions battling inside me, “Look, I don’t care anymore. The only thing I care about is getting Terrence back.” King chuckled and licked his lips, “And you think Ima help you? Fuck outta here. You brought this shit on yourself. Terry doesn’t want anything to do with you now. You fucked up.” I shook my head not believing him, “He has to take me back. We had sex way before I knew him.”

“You don’t get it do you? He stood by you against everybody who thought you fucked me. But guess what? It was true. You made him look like a fool. He doesn’t want you Rayne.” King’s words were cutting me like a knife. I was really feeling Terrence; I know he feels something for me. He can’t just cut me out of his life just like that. I need to talk to him. Realizing that I rode here with Terrence, I asked, “King can you drive me to Terrence’s place?”

“Nah, you good.” King walked to his car, got in, and drove off. I took my phone out of my purse and dialed Myra’s number. She answered on the third ring, “What?”

“Can you come outside please?” She sighed and hung up. A few seconds later, she came out of Nasir’s house looking pissed off. “Before you say anything-”

SMACK!

I held my cheek and looked around. Oh no this bitch did not just smack me. “Who the fuck do you think-”

“No! Who the fuck do you think you are? I introduced you to my friends in hopes of getting along with them not ruining their lives. Is this the reason why you were asking Nasir about King at the BBQ? You knew he was still alive and you just wanted to rub it in her face. And poor Terrence! How could you do that to him? He haven’t dated anyone since his wife died and you just made it worse. This is not the Rayne I know. And I don’t want anything to do with you at all. You need to get your shit together.”

I decided to let the smack go and said, “I want to make things right with Terrence. I don’t give a fuck about Nasir or King. They’re not my priority. Can you give me a ride to his house?”

Myra looked at me and shook her head, “Nah, you good.” She rolled her eyes and walked back into the house. With no other resources to use, I dialed the cab company.