Chpt 28

Chapter 28: Lizbeth

"Mama!" I heard Cameron's voice in the distance. He was running toward me with the rest of the guys trailing behind him. "Hey baby." I picked him up and kissed him. "Stop it mama. Keymani's looking!" Cameron squirmed out of my grasp. If I didn't know any better, I would think Cameron had a crush on Keymani. "Did you have fun with your dad?"

"Yes. I even got me some new shoes, but dad started arguing with this guy and-" Tyrone quickly covered his mouth, "This little guy has such an imagination."

"Hold on, I wanna hear what's going on in his little imagination."

"I'm sure he forgot."

"No I didn't!" Cameron said. "You did if you want another pair of shoes."

"Oh yeah mama, I forgot." Cameron peeled away from Tyrone and caught up with Keymani and Yani. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" Tyrone asked. It's been so long since we last talked. I'm not going to lie, I miss Tyrone like hell. But if you would've seen the look in Tyrone's eyes, you would understand why I'm so hesitate to be alone with him. Taking Nasir's advice, I said, "Okay." We walked and sat by a bench that was near a fountain. After a few moments of silence, Tyrone said, "Look, I'm not good with this type of stuff."

"So let me talk first." Tyrone nodded his head, "I don't think you understand how I felt that night Tyrone. For the first time, I was truly scared of you. I thought you were going to really hit me. I had to get out of that house."

"Baby, you know I love you. I would never do anything to hurt you. Sometimes I just don't know my own strength."

"That's the problem. I feel like you don't know the difference between work and home. You can't treat me like you treat the niggas in the street-"

"I know that baby-"

"Let me finish." I looked down at my engagement ring and took it off, "I've been doing some heavy thinking, and you're right. You were pressured into proposing to me because I kept asking. So maybe we should just call it off." I was trying my hardest not to cry right now. This is harder than I thought it would be. I placed the ring in his hand. "You mean the engagement right?" Tyrone said. I shook my head unable to control my tears anymore, "No, I mean everything."

"No. Lizzie you can't do this shit. We've been through so much. Man, you can't throw me away like this! What about Cameron?" Tyrone started to get loud, and it was attracting attention. "Please, don't make this harder than it already is."

"Lizbeth, I'm not letting you go. Come on man I love you. I'm sorry, okay. I'm sorry. Just don't-" Tyrone was practically begging. I have to remove myself from this situation; I can't do this anymore. "I won't stop you from seeing your son, but we are falling apart Tyrone; this engagement was based on a lie. We can't go on like this." I kissed his forehead as a sign of a goodbye and walked away.