Chpt 24

Chapter 24: Myra

{Friday Night}

“I don’t like this dress; it’s too revealing. Maybe I should wear a skirt.” Nasir pouted her lips as she examined herself in the mirror. She had on a tight gold dress that stopped at mid-thigh. “Baby, you look fine. There’s nothing wrong with this dress.” I said while scrolling through my phone. She called me and Lizbeth over to help her out with her wardrobe; it’s been so long since she been on a date. I think this is good for her. It finally shows how much she moved on from King’s death. “Why are you doing all of this? I thought you two were friends.” Lizbeth teased. “I still don’t want to look a mess Lizbeth. Fine, Ima wear this. Hand me my black heels please.” I grabbed her heels from the side of the bed. She slipped them on and re-examined herself in the mirror. I groaned loudly, “Nasir you look fine. Give the mirror a break.” Nasir’s hair was nice and wavy, courtesy of me; she wore very light make-up since she already had beautiful flawless skin. She smoothed her dress over with her hands. “Okay, I’m ready.” She finally said. Lizbeth clapped dramatically. “It’s about damn time! Nasir, you look so beautiful. I think it’s good that you’re going on a date. Don’t worry about Keymani, you already know I have no problem with watching my niece. Just go out and have fun.”

“Thank you but I already told you it’s not a date. We’re just catching up with each other.”

“Where did you exactly meet this guy? And if you two were such good friends, how come I never met him?”

“He was in a coma for a while.”

“How long are we talking?” I raised my eyebrow up. “Three years.” Nasir mumbled. “I’m sorry say that again. Did you just say-”

“Yes I did! Three years!”

“Oh my God! I didn’t know you can be on life support that long.” Lizbeth said. Nasir rolled her eyes, “Shut up. He’s a sweet guy; I like him, but I just want to be friends.”

“For now.” I said. “Okay, okay! I have somewhere to go. Thank you so much though. I love ya’ll. Lock the door when you leave.” Nasir grabbed her clutch and car keys then headed out of the door.

“Aight girl, Ima catch up with you later. My man is at home waiting for his cookie.” I said and winked. “Ew nasty ass. Aight catch you later.” Lizbeth locked Nasir’s door with Keymani trailing behind her. I didn’t even know that lil girl was in the house; she was so quiet. I got in my car and started bumping to Keyshia Cole. My solo to Trust and Believe was interrupted by the ringing of my phone. “Hey baby, I’m almost home,” I answered without looking at the phone, “When I get there, I don’t want you to have on nothing!”

“And to think I was about to go to your house. Good thing I didn’t.” I felt my cheeks reddened from the embarrassment. “Ugh Rayne, I thought you were Jay! What do you want?”

“Whatcha doing?”

“I’m on my way home to get some dick! What do you want?” I repeated myself. “Well bitch fine then! You make it seem like I’m aggravating you! Is this how you treat all your best friends?”

“Hell yeah! When I’m hot and horny, everybody get the middle finger.”

“Excuse the hell outta me!”

“You know I’m just playing boo. What’s up? I thought you would be all hugged up with Terrence now.”

“We’re taking things slow. We have been talking on the phone a lot though. He’s so smart and funny. And oh my god that body!”

“Can we not talk about anything sexually right now? I’m not in a good position to hear this.” I said referring to the horniness growing inside of me. I need to get home fast. Rayne laughed, “I’m sorry girl. It’s just that when I’m on the phone with Terrence, I’m just all smiles and giggles. He brings out the best in me. I feel like we connect so well intellectually.” Damn, Jay and I don’t even talk like this. We connect more on a physical level. What if we really don’t have anything in common? “Well, enough about me and him. What are you doing?”

“I’m just leaving from Nasir’s house.” I said snapping out of my thoughts. Rayne paused for a second, “Oh. But you can go by her house though.”

“Rayne, don’t be like that. You always will be my main bitch. She just needed me tonight because she has a date.”

“Oh really? Do tell.”

“I don’t know the guy, but she said they’re good friends. She claims they’re just catching up, but I think she’s finally moving on. It’s good for her. Wait get this, this nigga has been in a coma for three years!”

“You lying!”

“No bitch! I thought they pulled the plug after like a month.”

“That’s crazy. Look, Ima holla back at you later. I gotta go.” Before I can say bye, the bitch hung up on me. What the fuck?

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

“Jay, wait I need to talk to you.” I finally got home and sure enough, Jay was naked when I got there. My baby such a freak it’s ridiculous. I love him with every fiber of my being though. Jay looked up at me from between my legs. He had his hands firmly grasping my thighs. “I’m bout to eat the shit outta you and you wanna talk?” I tried to hide my smile. He was dead ass serious. “It’s important baby. Come up here.”  Jay crawled on the side of me in the bed and pulled me on his lap. “What’s so important that you had to stop my meal?” Jay asked looking a lil agitated. “Do you think we connect on a deeper level?”

“What’s deeper than my dick being inside you?” I punch Jay on the arm. “Jay, I’m being serious! I feel like all we do is have sex.”

“That is all we do Myra.”

“Exactly! It’s like we’re fuck buddies more than an actually couple. We never really had a heart-to-heart moment.” I pouted my lips a lil. Jay rubbed his hands across his face and sighed. “Where is this coming from?”

“It doesn’t matter Jay. What matters is that we need to fix our relationship. We need to connect emotionally instead of physically.”

“So what are you trying to say?” I sighed knowing I was gonna regret what I’m about to say next. “I think we should not have sex for the next six months.”

“Shhhiiiiiiiiittttttttttt. Fuck dat.”

“Jay, come on. We need this!”

“What about my needs? What about Lil JJ’s needs?” He said referring to his dick. I rolled my eyes. “You’re not taking this seriously.” I tried to move off of Jay’s lap, but he held me down. “Fine baby. If you think this will help our relationship, I’ll give it a shot.” I kissed Jay on the lips, “Thank you baby.”

“Now can I finish eating for this last time?” I laid back on the bed and opened my legs, “Eat away.”