Chpt 33

Chapter 33: King

The sun peeked through the blinds of the bedroom and landed on my face. I opened my eyes and instead of seeing Nasir's body next to mines, Keymani's eyes were staring right at me. She climbed on the bed and poked me hard. "Ow." I said. She gasped, "Daddy! I thought you-" She was so choked up in tears; she couldn't even finish her sentence. "I'm here baby girl." I grabbed her and hugged her tightly; I missed my lil princess so much. "You've gotten so big. I can't hold you like I use to; your daddy getting old." She smiled and hugged me even tighter. "I'm so happy you're home." She snuggled her head against the crook of my neck. "Yea me too." I mumbled, "Where's your mother?"

"She's downstairs."

"Don't you have school or something?" Keymani giggled, "Daddy, today is Saturday."

"Okay. How about you go get dressed and we'll go have some daddy-daughter time, cool?" Keymani squealed in excitement and ran into her bedroom. I removed the bed covers off of me, pulled my dreads into a ponytail, and made my way downstairs. Nasir was sitting in the living room looking lost. "Good morning baby." I tried to kiss her but she moved her head. I smirked and sat next to her. "Look baby, I know you're still shaken up about me coming back, but-"

"It doesn't matter anymore Kindell. I moved on." She said barely audible. "Repeat that." I thought the shit Rayne was telling me were lies. I thought she was just trying to get under my skin. "I said I moved on. You haven't been here for three years Kindell! I thought you were dead; Keymani thought you were dead! I have needs-"

"So you just moved on just like that huh? Fuck my feelings." Nasir looked at me like she wanted to kill me, "Did you not hear what I just said? I thought you were dead Kindell! And I just recently started dating. When you died, I felt like my world just stopped."

"Look like its still revolving to me." Nasir breathed deeply and said, "You can't stay here."

I licked my lips and chuckled, "That other nigga dick must got you whipped. I aint going no damn where."

"This is my house King! You think you can just come into my life again and think everything's alright? It's not! I don't want you here. Get it through your head: I moved on!" I jumped up and grabbed her waist roughly, pulling her close to me. Nasir looked at me with nervousness and fear in her eyes. "I've waited three years to come back to you and Mani. Do you honestly think Ima give you up to some fuck nigga?" Before she can answer, the doorbell rung. She struggled out of my grip and walked to the front door opening it. The whole crew was standing at the door just staring at me, including Rayne. I clenched my jaw trying to keep the anger enclosed inside of me. I hope Rayne don't open her big ass mouth about us. "Oh shit, am I drunk?" Myra said, "Please tell me I'm seeing shit."

"No that's him. Nasir wasn't lying." Jay said, "My nigga really alive!" Everybody entered the house and greeted me with warm embraces. I really missed the hell outtah them. "You finally let the cat out of the bag huh?" Terrence said and dapped me. "Yeah bruh, but she trying to kick me out the house." I mumbled into his ear. "Word? We'll talk about it later."

"Uncle Kindell, where's Keymani?" Cameron asked. "She's upstairs." As soon as I said that, Cameron and Yani took off. We all sat down together in the living room. There was silence at first. No one talked; they just stared at me. "So if you're alive, does that mean-" I stopped Lizbeth before she can continue, "No, DeShawn is actually dead." I mumbled. There was silence again. Everybody looked around and some started fidgeting with their fingers. Rayne just stared at me the whole time; she was burning a hole in my head. "Well, it's good to have you back King. They got the whole game fucked up since you left. I had to take over to maintain the peace." Tyrone said proudly. "I hope losing your family was worth it." Lizbeth said lowly. "What was that?"

"You heard what the fuck I said!" She glared at him, "King may be back but that aint gon stop you from going back into the streets."

"You know what? You're right. It won't. But you weren't complaining when I was bringing home the bread every night!"

"You think this shit is about money? I don't care about your funds!"

"Aye, why don't yall chill out?" Jay said. "No, let them continue. Since we getting shit off our chest, Rayne, how about you tell me how long you and King been fucking?" Nasir said staring at her waiting for her to say the wrong thing. I gave Rayne the death stare daring her to say shit; she looked at me and put her head down. "Why do you think everybody fucking yo man? You can't get mad at her because you didn't know King was still alive. Maybe he was trying to get away from your crazy ass!" Terrence said. "How about you stop being so fucking blind and open your eyes. She's playing you."

"Hold the fuck up! I love Terrence! You can't tell me shit about how I feel! You wanna know about me and King? I've been with King since he faked his death. He wasn't worrying about you when he was up in this pussy every night for the last three years." Rayne said and smirked. Before I can even get a word out, Nasir lunged at Rayne. I grabbed her just in a nick of time, but Nasir had Rayne's hair wrapped around her hand. "Get the fuck off of me! I knew it! I fucking knew it!"

"Nasir, get off of her!" Lizbeth grabbed Nasir as well. Nasir eventually let go of her hair and pushed me away from her. "I want you out of my fucking house now!" Nasir looked at me in disgust. "She's lying bae." I said trying to plead with her; I'm not trying to lose her. "I knew I didn't fucking like your ass." Lizbeth said to Rayne. Terrence got up and headed towards the door. "Terry-" Rayne started to run after Terrence. "Don't come no where near me. We done. Yani, let's go!" Yani came downstairs with sadness in her eyes, "Daddy I'm not ready to go." Terrence grabbed her hand forcefully and walked out the house. "How can you do that Rayne?" Myra said, "How can you play Terrence like that?"

"I wasn't trying to. I really do love him."

"Get the fuck out of my house." I snarled at Rayne. "Your house? Bitch, you can get the fuck out too. I'm so done with you King. Yall can have each other!" Rayne grabbed her purse, "Are you coming King?"

"Bitch, you got some-"

"Chill Nasir." Lizbeth said. I looked at Nasir with sadness in my eyes. "Well go, your bitch calling." Nasir said harshly. "I'm leaving, but I'm not leaving with her. I'll be back for you." I kissed her forehead and walked out the house with Rayne trailing behind me. I swear Ima kill this bitch.