Chpt 25

Chapter 25: King

Rayne emerged from her bedroom with a huge smile on her face. What the fuck is her problem? Lately, she's been happy about things. She doesn't even complain about me being here anymore. Matter of fact, she doesn't even pay attention to me anymore! She walked into the kitchen and sat on the counter. I got up from the couch and followed her. "What's up with you?" I said standing on the side of her. Her happy face turned into a look of disgust. "What do you want?" She said. "Fix ya fucking face, first of all. You look all happy and shit. I just wanted to see what was up."

"Why do you care exactly?" I held my hands up. "Fine, don't tell me then." Rayne rolled her eyes, "I met somebody." She started smiling from ear-to-ear. My cheek twitched a bit. I wasn't expecting her to say that. "You don't have time for that. You're still working for me." I said. "Oh? Are you jealous?" Rayne raised her eyebrow. "Man, miss me with that shit. I don't care who you fuck, just don't do it on my time."

"Don't try to check me nigga! What you need to do is check that baby mama of yours." Rayne said. "What's that supposed to mean?" I was starting to get aggravated with her. She chuckled, "Nothing." Rayne hopped off the counter, but I stood in front of her. "Don't play with me Rayne. What's going on with Nasir?"

"It's not what's going with on her; it's more like who's going inside her." She laughed at her own joke. Personally, I didn't find shit funny. She must've seen the frustration on my face because she said, "King, don't be mad. Your frown lines are showing; that's not cute." She pinched my cheek. I bat her hand away from my face. "I don't know what nigga got you smiling like this, but I wonder if he'll pay back what you owe me."

"That's all you're worrying about? Is that the reason why you're still bothering me? For money?"

"What else you thought it was? You thought I wanted you or some shit? I told you my heart will forever be for Nasir."

"Obviously it's a one-sided love!" I looked at her like she was crazy, "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Nasir moved on King! She's forgotten about you!" I almost slapped the taste out of Rayne's mouth. It must be the jealousy talking. Nasir will never find another nigga like me. I pushed Rayne against the wall, "Stop fucking lying; it's not cute."

"What do I have to lie for? I don't want you anymore King. There's someone who already have my attention. Same thing goes for Nasir. You think everybody wants you, huh? It's been three years King! Three motherfucking years! Do you really think that girl is gonna stay single for the rest of her life? You decided to leave out your family life. You can't get mad when she wants to move on." Rayne's words were cutting me like a knife. She was right, but I didn't want to believe it. I wanted Nasir to wait for me. It pisses me off that another nigga is taking my spot. I need to see her. I walked away from Rayne and grabbed my jacket and car keys. "Where are you going?" She asked. "I'm going get my family back."

"Are you crazy? Do you really think she's gonna take you back after you faked your death?"

"I did it to protect her and Keymani; she'll understand."

"No the fuck she won't! She finally has someone who's showing her affection, and you're gonna take that away from her?"

"Rayne shut the fuck up. I can show her all the affection she wants. I just want her back." Rayne blocked the door. "Move."

"No."

"Rayne, get the fuck out of my way." A knock on the door interrupted our arguing. "Who the fuck is that?" Rayne shrugged her shoulders and looked through the peephole. "Oh my God! Shit, shit, shit, shit. Go in the back!" Rayne said. "Man, I aint going anywhere. Who is that?"

"Terrence, my date. I forgot we had a date today! Fooling around with your stupid ass, I'm not even ready!" Rayne whispered. I walked to the door and looked out of the peephole. Oh shit, it would be that Terrence. "Fuck." I mumbled. "What? You know him?" Rayne said. "Yeah. I know him real well." Terrence knocked on the door again. "Just a minute!" Rayne said, "King, don't you think you need to be hiding or something." I shook my head; I'm tired of hiding. "Open the door."

"Once I open this door, that's it."

"Open the door." I repeated. Rayne turned the doorknob and opened the door. "Hey beautiful." Terrence grabbed Rayne by the waist and kissed her on the lips, "I hope you're not walking out looking like this?" Rayne laughed, "No, I'm sorry. I'm not dressed yet. Umm, come in." Terrence walked in behind her and looked up. He looked at me like he seen a ghost. "Am I seeing shit right now?" He said. I smiled. "No, it's me."