Chpt 3

Chapter 3: King

"King baby, why don't you just come to bed?" I felt a drape of arms wrap around my neck and a set of lips kiss my neck, "I can make you feel much better." Rayne cooed in my ear. I shrugged her off. "I'm not in the mood Rayne; I paid you already, you can go now." Rayne looked at me and sucked her teeth. "King, why are you doing this to me? Is this all we are? Business partners? I can satisfy you in more ways than one! You can't deny that you don't want to hit this." I hate when she started throwing her temper tantrums. It's every day with this girl. After faking my death, I left New York and went to New Jersey. Ironic right? I wanted to stay close enough to New York, but at the same time far away. My home and family were still in Brooklyn, and I don't plan on leaving them behind. But for some reason, someone placed a bounty on my head. I'm guessing some niggas I didn't send to their graves. That's where Rayne comes in. She's a good ass business partner. I've been laying low in Princeton with her for about a year now. She helps me by fucking around with sleazy ass niggas. You know when a dude gets some bomb ass head, they start singing like a canary. Of course by her being a female, I had to lay down some rules. And the first rule was the one she already broken: Don't catch feelings. I told Rayne about my family and the legacy I left back home. I also told her that one day when this shit die down, I'm going back to my family. Rayne is beautiful don't get me wrong; she has a nice thick body, smooth milk chocolate skin, big almond shaped brown eyes with full lips to match, and she has naturally curly hair going down her back. As much as I would love to get in bed with Rayne, I can't mix business with pleasure; plus, my heart won't let me cheat on Nasir. "So what? You're going to ignore me King?" Rayne stood in front of me. We were currently staying in a hotel in Trenton. Rayne started fooling around with this dude named Echo, and he was staying in this exact place. I looked up at Rayne and admired her beauty. She was wearing a skin tight, lace black dress with some black red bottoms. Her hair was in big curls falling down her back. Despite all that beauty, she wore a nasty look on her face. "I'm trying to watch the game." I said. I pushed Rayne out the way and continued to watch the Knicks game on the flat screen. Rayne snatched the remote out of my hand and turned the TV off. "King name one reason why you don't want to be with me?" Rayne looked at me dead serious. "I already told you I have family at home. Don't start this shit again Rayne." I said trying to avoid the conversation. "You haven't seen Nasir in three years! She could've moved on by now. You're so worked up about her, and she doesn't give a damn about you. Keymani's probably calling somebody else daddy." That struck a nerve. I got off the white plush couch fast and pinned Rayne against the wall. "I put up with so much shit with you Rayne, so much, but that statement crossed the line." My voice got deeper and more deadly, "Don't you ever put my daughter's name in your mouth. Do you understand me?" Rayne nodded slowly with fear in her eyes. I promised myself I would never put my hands on a woman, and I still won't, but Rayne is pushing it. I released her from my grip. "You need to leave; Echo is waiting for you." I said walking back to the couch. Rayne grabbed her black clutch from off the bed. "I'll call you later." She said quietly and left out the hotel room.