Chapter 37-R.I.P

*Jason's POV*

One month later

My palms were sweaty, breath heavy, heart pounding, legs wobbly; I hated this feeling. For the first time, I was feeling determined yet so lost. I sighed before knocking on the door.

No answer

I knocked again

Still no answer

My two broken arms still hurt to even use, so I was already surrendering. I was about to turn around and go back to my car, but the door suddenly burst open. I froze as I stared at the specimen. Sophia stood before me, hands on stomach looking curious. "Jason?" She said already stepping down the steps. I quickly got to her first before she hurt herself; she looked miserable. She lost a ton of weight. I did not even recognize her. It wasn't anorexic skinny, but she looked like she lost about fifty pounds. That was not healthy. Especially since she was pregnant. "God Sophia....what happened to you?"

She looked like she was about to burst into tears. She clutched my arm and invited me in. We never really had a conversation. Never. I never cared for one because I judged her early on. Thought she was just a bully, a heartless bully. But here she was, looking very sickly. She poured me some juice. I sat on the couch and watched her.

Her house looked very comfy. Very big, but yet..it felt so small. She gave me the glass before making herself comfortable next to me. "So what's the update?"

A hard lump got stuck in my throat. "Let's not get into that, I just wanted to see how you were doing?" I said shocked that I was even concerned. "I noticed you lost weight"

She scrunched up her lips before staring at her flat belly. "Yeah...ever since I heard about the fire..and the rumors about what happened...I just...I just got stressed"

I nodded understanding

"I see that you have a lot of injuries" she said pointing at my broken arms. I suffered more though. All my finger were broken, I hurt my leg that left me limping for a few weeks, and I suffered some burns from being in that house. They weren't that bad. "It's nothing. Anyways, how have you been?"

She sighed "I honestly didn't think you would come see me. I thought maybe Jin would...but..he just disappeared"

I soon got uncomfortable. I didn't even drink the juice. I set it aside and crossed my legs. "What did you hear?"

"A lot of rumors, some say Matt did it, some say Quinn did it since she had a history of...you know...depression and self harm. And some even think Jin did it which is absurd! Jin would never do that!" She said revealing her anger. "I just can't believe it even happened. I mean I know there love triangle was bad, but I didn't know it was THAT bad" she sighed and whispered "is there anyway I can see Jin?"

I titled my head curiously. She looked like she wanted to get something out her chest. "Why? What's up?"

She got up and went straight to the kitchen. She pulled some papers out the drawers and soon showed me her hospital visit history. "Umm What is this?"

She sat down and she soon got shaky. Her arms hugged her shoulders as she whispered "I had a miscarriage. My baby- well our baby...died"

My jaw dropped and I dropped the paper. I don't know how many times I apologized but I lost count. Each "sorry" I threw at her, made her breakdown even more. She started crying and all I could was awkwardly pat her head "it's alright. It's alright"

She scooted closer. So close I couldn't even lean back. "It's not alright. I always wanted to start a family and all this stress just killed our baby. Do you know the type of pain I'm in? And the fact Jin won't even talk to me..it's just..."