Chapter 18-bedtime stories

"You okay?" Sophia asked me.

I was beyond infuriated but more embarrassed. She knew Quinn, and the fact she told me that Quinn hated me, had my heart shattering. Sophia walked closer but I advised her not to. I was just wondering what was taking my brother so long to get out his room. He and Queen were in there for far too long. Sophia suddenly grabbed my chin and tried to force her lips on me. I pushed her back. "Listen...

Her face fell as she awaited for my response. I couldn't help how I was feeling, and I just couldn't be with someone that afflicted pain on Quinn. I felt like she was already haunting me with this new girl. "I want to break up"

I was waiting for a slap, scream, or something worse. But instead I saw her face get all teary eyed. "I don't understand Jin. This happened years ago. Quinn is dead. Why are you blaming me-

"I'm not blaming you-

"Then why are you breaking up with me?" She said now looking at the floor. There was a hard lump in the middle of my throat and I paused for a second. Was I making the right choice? Did I even love her? Why did I even start dating in the first place? My heart can never heal. "Can I ask you something?" I said

She slowly looked up. "What?"

I crossed my arms and let out a short breath. "Why were you so mean to her? Weren't you her friend? Why did you abandon her and become her bully?"

...Jin, I was a kid. I just wanted to..fit in...." she said whispering at the last part. "If I could take it back..I would" Then she grabbed ahold of my hand "please don't do this. Don't leave me. I love you too much...I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Grow old together, die together..."

I pulled her into a tight hug before pressing my lips on her forehead.

She was too feisty for me. Earlier I tried to get away from her, and she forced her lips on me; unleashing my belt and everything. Stopping at nothing to get me to stay.

But I just can't.

I have way more respect for her then that.

"...you will find the perfect one. Unfortunately I am not that one."

She started whimpering. When I tried to get a good look at her face, she grabbed my face to try to attempt to kiss me again. Her lips slowly brushed mine and that's when Matt's door burst open. Queen and her daughter slowly slid out. She gave Matt a quick wave before making her way back down the hallway. Her eyes met mine, they illustrated pure hate. Her little girl was too busy playing with her hair to notice me, but when she did, she made sure to wave at me. Queen then picked up her daughter, gave me one last glare before leaving.

I finally pushed Sophia off me and tried to wish her the best. I let her know that there are guys out there that would give her what she wants.

"Can't believe you're breaking up with me over some dead girl that will never come back. I can tell you will never be happy in your future relationships" she spit out before strutting off; weeping in silence.

~~~

I did not want to train today. I stayed in bed for about a few hours. Nick and Zack came in my room later that day. They did not look smitten at my lazy attitude. "Please help us" Zack started. I didn't even look over to them. I continued on staring at the ceiling. "Jin do you hear me? That guy Jackson has really been egging us on"

That caught my attention. "How?"

"I think he is too good for this camp. Today's drill was to learn how to defend yourself over an enemy and he almost broke my arm when I used him as an example. I looked pathetic up there" Zack stated. His brother chuckled "he made you look like an amateur"