Chapter 26-Escape

"What are you doing?" I asked letting my towel drop to the floor. I was so shook, I couldn't breathe. Did Matt really pull out a gun at a woman? How did he even get a gun without me ever noticing. "Quinn get back in the house!" He said still pointing the gun at Sophia.

She didn't look too threatened. "Go ahead and shoot me." She challenged

"You think just because I'm blind, that I won't get that perfect aim?"

"Yep"

"Let's test it out...now back to the countdown. 10..9...8..."

I got in between them with my naked body. "Matt what are you doing?"

He didn't move. But just continued on counting. "7...6...5..."

Shocked I turned to Sophia. "Can someone tell me what's going on?" I said now trembling from the cool air that hit my body. Sophia refused to move. She gave Matt the most daring look. "Yeah I would love to know because even I am confused...I just wanted to let you know about-

A gun fire was shot. I ducked and screamed. Matt had shot up in the air. He started yelling at Sophia to leave, and this time she ran. All the way back to her car. She backed away so fast, she hit our mail box on the way out. "What did she hit? What did she hit?" He asked trying to reach out for me. He still had the gun in his hands. I slapped his chest in fury. "Why would you do that!?"

"Do what? She came here to start trouble. You know how she is Quinn..." he said grabbing my wrist. "How do you know? Did you even try to talk to her? All I heard was yelling? What if it was something important?"

"Important?"

"Yeah, and why did you have to threaten her with a gun?! Are you crazy?"

He paused. He threw the gun back inside the house and grabbed my shoulders "she wouldn't leave. I don't even know how she found us...."

I got away from him. "I'm going to call Jackson and ask for her number. I'm sure he knows it and-

"You will do no such thing" he said, voice now calm and scary. I tensed up. He was actually very scary when he was mad. This was a side I have never seen from him. I didn't like it. Matt was so sweet, I never seen him get angry. Not even once.

"Just calm down Quinn...I'll get to the bottom of it tomorrow. Just please-I just didn't want her mentioning anything about my brother. She's so stubborn and so problematic. She irritates my soul-

"I'm going to bed" I said finally. I was still stunned. I was afraid if I said anything he didn't like, he would yell at me. I just wanted things to cool down. I don't think the situation was so serious for a gun to be whipped out.

~~~

Matt slept on the couch that day. I didn't want him sleeping with me, especially after he scared me last night.

I really thought he was going to kill Sophia.

I made pancakes for breakfast. He was still on the couch snoring by the time I was done. I was about to wake our kids up when I heard him yawn. "Something smells good. What did you make?" He said standing up.

I didn't say anything.

He walked over to me, but each time he got close, I moved away. "Come on Quinn, it's hard enough that I'm blind-

"Do you think youcan wake the kids up for me?"

He frowned. "You're still upset"

I mean duh.

I stared placing some syrup on the pancakes. He touched the bottle and pulled it away from me before grasping my waist. "I'm sorry okay. I'm really, sorry. Do you forgive me?" He asked poking out his lower lip. I was not smitten by this. His face finally felt with defeat "alright, go ahead and call Sophia. Just please don't be upset, I hate that I made you feel this way. It wasn't my intention. I just really find Sophia annoying-