Chapter 29-married woman

"I love you" Jin said placing a wet kiss on my cheek.

We were in his room while the kids slept in Matt's room. I forgot how magnificent having sex with him was. I tried really hard not to compare him to his brother. I didn't feel right. I honestly felt like a cheater. I was still married. To Matt. But here I am in his brother's bed.

I felt really guilty.

I masked it with a smile though. I wasn't ready to tell Jin yet. I already know he wouldn't take the news well. I didn't want to add on to his stress and misery. He lost two of his best friends and how he's suffering the aftermath of the war. He doesn't deserve to hear anymore bad news.

He swiftly rolled off the bed and started putting on his clothes. "I'm going to go check on the kids."

I sat up. "I told you not to wake Dream up. Let her sleep for a little more-

"I honestly can't wait anymore. I need to see her now Quinn."

"Jin, please"

I was slightly afraid Dream would start talking about Matt. I wanted to talk to her first before Jin had a chance. Anything to save an argument. I was so relieved when Jin finally agreed. "Alright. I'm do my morning run then. But when I get back, I'm waking her up-

I nodded agreeing. "Yes, yes, no questions asked"

He smiled, gave me one last kiss before leaving. I hopped off the bed and placed my clothes on. I tiptoed back to Matt's room and found Dream in the bathroom brushing her teeth. She had a bunch of eye boogers in the corner of her eyes. Her hair looked like she just got into a fight and her face was pale as snow. Once she caught me staring at her, she spit out some toothpaste and whispered "you look scary mommy"

I stared at the mirror and almost scared myself. My face did in fact look horrendous. Now it was black and purple. It didn't hurt as much when I touched it, only slightly. Who knew Matt would be capable of doing something like this. Dream grabbed a comb from under the sink and started combing her hair. "Are we going to check on Matt?"

"What?"

She stopped combing "to check if he's okay. I don't want anything bad happening to him"

I gulped hard and knelt down to be at the same level as her. "Alright listen. Let's not talk about what happened with Matt okay?"

She frowned "why not? What if he died?"

"He didn't die"

She stood there quiet before fiddling with her fingers "Okay but what if he comes looking for us then?" She poked out her lower lip and her face turned bright pink "What if he hurts you again?" she said making sure to whisper as if Matt was in the other room. I rubbed her shoulders "He's not going to hurt me...don't worry Dream. He won't do it again. Just finish brushing your teeth, Jason made some breakfast for us"

But she didn't budge. "I miss dad"

Oh I wish I could have told her that Jin wasn't dead. But I didn't want to ruin the surprise. So I just patted her head and promised her everything will be alright. She started sulking and whispered under her breath "no it's not, and you know it"

I would have normally scolded her for talking back. But I just pretended I didn't hear it. I scooped up Junior who was already awake on the bed. I took him to the kitchen and placed his plate of waffles on the table. He stared at them for a few seconds before shoving them away from him. I placed them back in front of him and gave him the fork. This time he opened his mouth to taste. It didn't take long before he spit them out.

He didn't like homemade waffles. But today was not the day to be picky. Especially since Jason took the time to make breakfast for us. "Spit it out again and I'll make you eat it" I warned him. He didn't look intimidated like I expected. Just gave me a blank expression. I tried again. But this time he refused to open his mouth. I was about to call Dream to get the belt but Junior quickly grabbed the piece of waffle from the fork and stuffed it in his mouth.