Chapter 35-Fire

*Jason's POV*

"Matt!" I screamed.

He literally bolted out the door; crossing the street like a mad man. He almost got run over by a car. I had to really run after him and I was so unhappy about that. I needed to go to work in a few hours, I did not expect to see my brothers beating the crap out of each other. But this time, Matt surely deserved those punches to the face. He put hands on Quinn and Junior...

He was definitely turning out like dad. And I didn't like it.

Where did my sweet little brother go.
Once I caught up to him, I touched his arm and he slapped me so hard. I was steaming, I was about to slap him back but I stopped myself once I spotted tears in his eyes. "What's wrong with me? Why can't I ever be loved back?"

I didn't even hesitate "you choked the spirit out of Quinn and now you're questioning why no one loves you? Have you gone insane?"

He wiped his eyes "I didn't mean to alright." He made himself comfortable on a nearby tree. "She's just....I love her. I went and got help, the minute I step out of that stupid hospital, she had the audacity to ask for a divorce like I'm trash. After everything I've done to help her, she just wants to throw me out. Is it that easy for people to give up on me?" He said now staring at me "I didn't mean to touch Junior or Quinn. I admit I have anger problems, and I want to fix things"

Fix things? I honestly don't think Quinn would be able to be in the same room as him after everything that happened. Besides...he basically threatened them; stating that he was worst then dad.

it still gives me shivers.

I tried so hard to bite my tongue on making things worse. He was already shattered and I didn't want to make it worse, even though this was totally his fault. "Alright, just breathe, okay. I'll try and talk to Jin and-

He jumped back from the tree and shook his head violently. "He isn't my brother alright. You heard him"

"You know he didn't mean that. You were choking the fuck out of Quinn, how do you think he felt"

His face softened "he's has always been popular. Jin this, Jin that. Everyone wanted him." He went back to leaning on the tree "everyone wanted you too Jason...no one wanted me. And the one girl that loves me for me hates me...."

"Stop"

"Stop what? You think Quinn was the only one that was bullied? I was too"

There was no way. Jin and I always beat up kids that tried to make fun of little Matt. No one dared to make fun of him in front of us.

"I didn't have to see the bullying but my ears functioned well on hearing them. I was always the blind kid. The undesirable one. You and Jin had everything; girls, friends....while I was the socially awkward younger brother"

I thought life was getting better, never in a million years did I think he would ever compare us to himself. But why was he speaking about it now? "Matt, I-

"You don't know what bullying does to a person."

Matt wasn't ugly. In fact, he was the best looking out of all of us. So the fact he kept saying he was undesirable was his own insecurities talking. Girls wanted him, but because of how he felt about himself, he never opened himself.

As if reading my mind he said "I opened up to Quinn cause she reminds me of mom; she's so kind, smart..I didn't want to fall in love with her..or hurt her." He shoved his fists in his pockets and bent his head down in despair "...but I did...I just want to make things right. I feel incredibly awful"