Chapter 34-Mother

Mr Lucas walks inside the house; depressed and overwhelmed with work. He couldn't take the pressure of providing for his family when he realizes that he was losing all his fortune after his financial crisis as a stock broker. He was thinking of just taking his life so his family could live off his life insurance he had on himself. He walked upstairs and goes straight to his first borns room. Jason. He couldn't believe he just turned twenty last month. He was such a bright man, came for the holidays from college. Mr Lucas knew Jason had a great future ahead and he couldn't be more then proud. The next room was nine year old Jin. Mr Lucas kissed his sleeping son before heading out. He debated on going into Matt's room.

Poor Matt.

His world changed once he and wife realized he is born blind. He tried everything in his power to give him a normal life as much as possible. He was even skeptical on putting him in public school afraid he might get bullied or take advantage of. Matt had a really warm heart, but he was placed in a horrible world. And Mr Lucas decided he couldn't leave this earth the without his family. Anything to take their misery away.

He sighed before heading in his bedroom. Mrs Lucas laid sound asleep. He could hear her snoring before he even came inside. He felt so guilty for putting her through the heart aching stress. He wasn't the best husband, and he admitted to himself he did have a problem of cheating and abusing her. If only people realize there were demons he was fighting inside. He laid next to her one last time and whispered how much he loved her. She heard his low whispers and quickly woke up. "What are you doing?" She asked raising her head up just a little bit. Mr Lucas smiled and pecked her forehead "I'm sorry for waking you Quinn, go back to sleep" he said even forcing her head back down on the pillow. He didn't want to start having second thoughts.

But she wouldn't go back to sleep. "Are you alright?"

How could this woman ask if he was okay? How can she be so nice after all he put her through? The thought killed him. He didn't deserve her. She deserved the world. "Quinn, go back to sleep. We will talk later"

She was now sitting up giving him a questionable look. So Mr Lucas had one last thing he had to ask "do you forgive me?"

Scratching her eyes and yawning she asked "for?"

The cheating, lies, and abuse spread through his head. She knew what he did. But she pretended she didn't know.

She didn't want to fight while the kids were asleep. So Quinn just tried to make peace and forgive her husband. No matter how hard she wanted to leave him, she didn't want her family broken. She was waiting until Jin and Matt were older to finally separate from his toxicity. Even though her husband did her wrong, she still had sympathy for him. She still saw the good in him considering the fact they were high school sweethearts.

Before she could even fall back asleep a loud noise from downstairs caught there attention.

Must be Matt.

He's always up around this time. He was still getting used to this new house, so he would normally fall down the stairs or bump into a lot of things to get to the kitchen. Quinn whipped the blankets away from her "I better go check if he's okay" she said

Tensing up Mr Lucas grabbed her arm. "No, I'll do it"

"No, I have to go see if he's okay-

Panicked he finally grabbed her and hugged her; stroking her hair knowing this will be the last time he will get a chance to do this. "I love you" He said. She tried to pull away but he kept a good grip on her. With one hand he pulled out the small pistol and placed it on her belly. "What's that?" She whispered. Her soothing voice made it impossible for him to pull the trigger. "Close your eyes and think about your kids" Mr Lucas said. Quinn suddenly pushed him back and witnessed the gun. She jumped up and placed a hand over her mouth "oh my god!"