Chapter 7 - Best Friend's Mistake{}

Start from the beginning

I was certain that I had not invited them here.

"Alessio called Melanie and she told us you were making your signature lasagne and we decided to come over and try it out!" Brandon explained and I nodded.

I made a mental note to myself that I really needed to scold Melanie for this. She didn't even warn me. I internally scoffed.

"It does smell good!" Alessio said appreciatively.

"I agree!" Melanie said appearing from the direction of her room.

"Same here," Brandon piped in.

"Well, let us eat," I said and tried to flatten my hair to make it more presentable and tried to make it not look like a rats nest.

Keyword: tried.

"This tastes really nice! You need to become our new chef!" Alessio said and I smiled a little.

"No, Mel's the actual chef here!" I said and she rolled her eyes, secretly I knew she was pleased. One thing i didn't like about Mel was that she loved attention and she does many things for the sake of attention.

Trust me I would know.

"Thank you for this lovely dinner!" Brandon said and pushed his chair back noisily grabbed his plate and glass cup.

"No! Let me take that," I said trying to reach for it but the idiot held it higher and walked away into the kitchen with it like that.

"Calm down Ashley. We like doing things for ourselves," Alessio assured and grabbed his things while I grabbed mine and began working on the dishes.

"You clean I will dry," Brandon said pulling off his navy blue blazer and rolling the sleeves of the white button-up shirt he was wearing.

"Brandon..." I sighed, "You really don't have to. I can manage,"

"No Ash, I want to help you out," He said softly. I sighed and we set to work.

Brandon scrubbed the plates twice and then I rinsed and dried putting them away we worked together rather efficiently.

"How are you finding your new job?" He asked me with a small grin.

"It's great," I said.

"Not stressful at all?" He asked me.

I sighed, "It is stressful." I slowly admitted and watched his face carefully so that I could gauge his reaction.

Brandon just laughed, "It will get easier soon. We just have an outburst of clients."

"Sounds great," I told him.

After the small conversation, we worked together in silence. It wasn't awkward or anything and I quite enjoyed it. I could hear Alessio and Melanie giggling in the living room. Brandon handed me the last dish and stared at me as I dried the glass cup and placed it into the correct cabinet.

"What?" I asked in a shy manner.

"Nothing." He said as he smiled and walked all the way to the living room. I followed suit.

"We picked the movie, we are watching Mamma Mia!" Melanie announced and then Brandon and Alessio both groaned.

"No!" Alessio moaned.

"It is better than forcing you to watch gossip girls... or friends!" Melanie said as she rolled her eyes.

"Ugh can't we watch James Bond? or even Jason Bourne!" Alessio whined.

"I want Mamma Mia!" Melanie groaned.

"Fine." Alessio sighed.

Melanie slipped the CD into the DVD player while I switched the lights off. I placed all the snacks I had grabbed from the pantry on the coffee table before sitting next to Brandon.

I felt his arm gently slip around my waist during the movie and I smiled. I truly felt a spark with this man but did he feel the same way too?

____________________________________

Ashley: thanks author for making us watch an awesome movie

Author: you're welcome Ash!

Brandon: That was horrible!

Alessio: agreed

Author: you guys are such babies I love that musical

Ashley: *high fives author*

Melanie: I love that movie too that is why I picked It!

Alessio: All terrible choices belong to Melanie

Melanie: Hey!!

Author: I need to leave I have dancing classes to get to, who's saying the line?

Alessio: Me! If you liked this chapter please give it a vote and comment who is sexier me or Brandon?

Brandon: vote for me girls *winks and rips short off exposing eight pack*

Alessio: no me *whips off the shirt and shows off eight pack too!*