The Closing Ceremonies: The Takeover Part 1 Of 2

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the final match of this year's Pokemon League competition!!" the announcer began, his voice clear through the speakers.

The stands were stuffed beyond anything I'd ever seen during my time at the Pokemon League, the crowd's cheering an unintelligible roar of joy and madness.

June, me, and Robin stood next to each other, excitedly screaming with everyone else.

"This has been a long time coming!" the announcer continued. "We've seen some of the most fantastic, overheated battles ever; and now, we find ourselves at the finale! The best two Pokemon Trainers of this competition will be battling here today, having overcome incredible opponents and close matches, now facing off to prove who indeed is the most powerful Trainer here! Pay close attention, fans, for the winner of this match may very well turn out to be the future Pokemon Champion of the Kanto region! After winning in the Pokemon League, the winner will be permitted to officially challenge the Elite Four of Kanto! Should that Trainer be so lucky as to defeat those four Pokemon Masters, they will be granted permission to officially challenge Kanto's Pokemon Champion and battle for that very title!!"

The crowd burst with excitement at these words.

I smiled broadly, staring at the currently empty field, the sun beaming high above. I didn't even have my jacket with me today. It was too hot and too beautiful out. Just a red T-shirt, thin gray jeans, and black sneakers were with me.

"And now, without further ado, we introduce to you our finalists!" the announcer started to everyone's pleasure.

A Trainer from the far end of the stadium stepped into the sun wearing a button up, dark blue shirt hanging over the top of his gray pants. An open, black blazer was worn over the shirt. His black boots stopped just beneath his knees. A dark blue fedora sat atop his young head, his straight, black hair reaching down his cheeks. He stepped up to his place on the field, smiling at the crowd during his walk and waved as he came to a stop.

"And entering the field is the Red Trainer, Aura Ri, from the faraway Orre Region's Pyrite Town!" the announcer stated.

Everyone showed massive, loud support.

Another Trainer entered from the other end of the field, wearing white sneakers and black shorts with a baggy white T-shirt over it. He waved to us all and turned to face Aura.

"And here is the Green Trainer, Arnold Rale, from Celadon City!" the announcer's voice echoed as further applause came for Arnold.

June, Robin, and I took our seats.

The three of us had looked for Arnold last night, but couldn't find him. He wasn't in the room he was registered to be in, and after two in the morning, we gave up and grabbed some snacks from the store before returning back to my room where we decided to spend the night and leave together for Indigo Stadium the next day.

"Good luck to both of our Trainers!" the announcer said. "This promises to be the match to watch!"

The referee stood with both flags in the air. "Trainers! You may now begin the battle!"

"Medicham, go!" Aura said with an eager smile on his young face, throwing his Poke Ball.

"Medicham!" the Pokemon cried out, taking a stance, ready to battle.

"Tropius! This is it! Go!" Arnold threw a Great Ball.

Tropius landed, calling out.

Medicham. The Meditate Pokemon. Meditite's evolved form. Through constant meditation, this Pokemon has the ability to read minds at will. Their dedication to meditating sometimes results in them not eating for as far as a month at a time.