The Dive's The Limit

"Not too cool, not overbearingly hot. It's juuuuuust right, wouldn't you say, Gary?" June asked, smiling as she took a bite out of her sandwich.

"It's the perfect weather right now," I agreed, chomping down on a handful of cereal I pulled out from the box. "Feels good to be under the sun and this clear, blue sky with such a comforting breeze."

"And you say you like bad weather," June teased.

I shrugged, my eyes closing, and turned away from June. "I do. I prefer it chilly, but I can appreciate a bit of warmth every once in awhile." More cereal found its way into my gaping mouth and I chomped down.

June and I sat on top of the mountain we'd been climbing all last night, sitting on an enormous blanket she'd pulled out. We had a beautiful view of the trees and cities below and the wide sky above.

"Electivire!" Electivire shouted angrily, grabbing our attention.

Our Pokemon were eating together, their faces eagerly inside of their bowls.

Rotom and Magneton were not eating, instead hovering in the air, taking turns shocking each other with Electric attacks. Both Pokemon seemed to be enjoying the shocks, and June explained that that was how they supplied each other with energy instead of eating food.

Porygon-Z was also not eating, but instead was watching the two zap each other. Watching silently, I might gratefully add, after the constant screeching of excitement it did upon initially being sent out of its Poke Ball and meeting all of June's Pokemon for the first time last night, and again this late morning.

June had been watching Porygon-Z cautiously from behind me while digging her fingers into my shoulders and also dragging me back several feet. It took time, but she did eventually relax enough to eat after Porygon-Z calmed down.

Electivire's bowl was empty and he was now sparking, yelling at Charizard, who was still eating.

Charizard looked up and glared at Electivire, and then lowered his head back into his bowl.

"Tiviiiiiire!" Electivire sparked more dangerously and he raised a sparking fist, charging at Charizard.

"Hey!" I called out. "What is he doing?"

Charizard looked up as Electivire swung a Thunder Punch at him. He soared into the air, just barely dodging the move, and used Flamethrower.

Electivire leaped over it with ease and started sparking, looking ready to use an Electric attack in midair.

All of the other Pokemon, except for Ivysaur, had scattered, making room for the two angry Pokemon as they started to battle. Most of them cowered and watched with fear in their eyes as the powerful Pokemon faced off.

Only Primeape was hopping up and down, cheering Charizard on, punching at the air, screeching eagerly.

"Ivysaur!" Ivysaur shouted angrily, running at Electivire. She used Vine Whip and wrapped her vines around Electivire's legs, slamming him down on his back.

"VIRE!" Electivire cried out in shock.

Charizard landed heavily, eyes on Electivire.

Ivysaur's vines released Electivire and she yelled repeatedly at Electivire as he got to his feet.

"Thanks, Ivysaur!" I said happily. "You stopped the battle! You really care about the team and helped out Charizard!"

Ivysaur turned to me and snarled. "SAAAUUURR!" She used Razor Leaf on me!

"AAHHH!" I screamed and hit the ground, covering my head as the leaves soared over me. I looked up in shock. "What was that for??"

"She isn't trying to get along with you or your Pokemon," June said quietly, staring at Ivysaur, who had turned back to face an angry Electivire. "She wants to fight my Electivire."