Blood, Sweat, & Tears Part 1 Of 2

Blood covered the portion of ground between Mankey and Kabutops.

"MANKEYYYYY!!" I had shrieked.

Mankey struggled to his feet, pushing himself up, but falling back to the floor. He pushed himself up again, refusing to give up.

I tried to return Mankey to his Poke Ball, but Mankey screeched loudly, stopping me from returning him and forcing me to cover my ears, calling out to my Pokemon.

His body gave off a bright, white light. He was evolving! Mankey had evolved into Primeape, but remained on facedown, beaten.

*

Graveler used Roll Out, bouncing repeatedly off of Primeape's back until he was beaten. Another Roll Out took out Charmander with ease.

*

Kabutops sliced at Primeape and lots of blood splashed the ground, some dripping from Kabutops' scythe.

Primeape was defeated.

*

"Gary?"

I looked up, my thoughts broken, and turned to see June staring at me, concerned.

"Gary, what's wrong?" she asked. "Are you still thinking about her?"

I nodded. "Yes. I was."

June nodded solemnly. "I understand. You can defeat her. I know it."

I lowered my eyes.

June and I had been walking around Pewter City for about an hour, if that long. The air held a lot of heat, but it wasn't too humid. The sun was all around us, refreshing my body, causing a good feeling to spread throughout me, though I still was trembling from anticipation and admittedly, a little bit of fear.

My thoughts were filled with nothing but what occurred the last times I had battled Aurora. I was haunted by what had happened and could think of nothing else now that I was back in Pewter City. My right eye was still twitching. I closed the eye and jabbed my finger into it, hard. I'd been doing that every couple of minutes or so, but it didn't help. The twitching was driving me crazy.

June walked over to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "Come on. We've been outside for a while. Let's head back inside and rest, okay? Our Pokemon should be ready for pickup by now."

I allowed June to lead me towards the Pokemon Center. We walked through the doors and sat down on one of the comfy benches against the wall, near a window.

June leaned forward, staring at me.

I didn't move my head, but my eyes turned towards her pretty, smiling face.

"Smile, Gary," she told me happily. "Give your Pokemon the strength they need. If you're worried, they'll be worried, too."

I nodded and took a deep breath, leaning back and looking up at the ceiling. As I let out my breath, I reflected again on the battles I had with Aurora. Kabutops, I thought as I recalled every win it had against me. It always won in the same manner. One swipe and it was over in a bloody mess. Graveler was very strong, but even it had to work somewhat to defeat us. Kabutops has to go down. But... What if she doesn't use Kabutops next time? I wondered. Will she even remember me?

My gaze lowered and I spotted some phone booths. A couple of them were occupied by young kids.

My eyes lit up. Prof Oak! I remembered. I got to my feet and quickly walked over to one of the booths.