Beauty to Pain:9

First week of school went by like a breeze. I've been spending more time out then in an empty house. With the weekend is coming again and I know that I'm working both of my jobs.

Typing away on my laptop, Nari comes in with snacks.

"Thank you Nari." She bows and starts to leave.

"Wait Nari, Can I ask you a question?"

"Of Course."

"Why me? Why does Jay want me so bad?" Nari gave me a sad expression.

"I can't say but you're different. The others wanted to be with Mr Park but would never be around for too long. I promise you that he means no harm. His mother wasn't the best growing up. I think he just wants someone to love him but he can't find the right one. Maybe you could be." She softly smiles and leaves.

I lay in bed staring at the wall, just thinking about my life.

*RING* 

I grab my phone to see Hyunwoo calling.

I greet him, "Hey."

"Hey, Whats up?

"I'm doing good. What are you up to?"

I hear him hesitate. "Nothing, I was just wondering if you would want to spend the night with me."

"Spend the night?" My heart started beating out of my chest.

"Well I mean out not over uh..."

Cutting him off, I smile, "Yes, I would love to."

"Sweet oh and wear something elegant."

"I can't wait." I hang up just smirking at my phone. 

He text me the details and he asked me if he could pick me up. I just told him to meet each other there. I do not want to have a run in with Jay.

Once I get there he's standing in front of an office building. 

He didn't hide his reaction at all, "Wow you are beautiful." 

"Thank you, You look handsome yourself." He smiles at me and takes me inside. Inside it's a big and beautiful building. Security bows to us as we walk through. Hyunwoo pulls out his ID to scan in. Security also hands him a visitors badge for me.

We get in the elevator and go to the 11th floor. Getting off it's a wide open space. With art pieces everywhere. Wait is that what I think it is?

I ask, "What are we doing here?"

"I wanted you to spend this special night with me. I'm sure you know the famous artist Lena Stars. She's my mother."

I geeked out, "What?? She was an amazing artist. The first woman from Korea to show off her work to the world. Her paintings speaks to my soul. Wait how-"

"The background picture on your weibo."

"Wow. Well my mother told me that Lena Stars and her were friends in high school."

"Really?" He said like he didn't believe it.

"No joke. She would brag to me about all the time they would spend together. I think that after my parents moved back to America, they lost contact."

"Hmm, I guess were more connected then we knew."

He takes me around telling me more about his mother.

"I decided that I want to open her galley again. My aunt closed it till I was old enough to figure out what I wanted to do."

"I think this is wonderful."

He continues, "By doing this, I hope to inspire other artists. I even want to open my own studio where new artist can come and show off their art and even practice. I want to bring out the new generations. I even started a club at my college."

"That sounds like a wonderful idea. I didn't know you were into art."

"I'm not the best painter or drawing but the things I can do with my hands-." He stops realizing what he just said and I start laughing.

I ask, "Ha...So sculpture or ceramics?"

"Yes. I can show you some of my work." I follow him into the next room. It's not done but some of his work is all around. One piece I see, caught my eye the most. It a hollow heart melting.

"Wow this one is amazing." I comment.

"After my brother, this is how my heart felt. The pain from losing so many people close to me." I get closer to him and rub his arm trying to give him comfort. Suddenly the memory of us kissing pops into my head. I pull away and turn to look at his other pieces.

"So um you are really talented." I feel him get closer behind me.

"Thank you. It means alot." He takes my hand in his.

After a moment of us staring at a piece Hyunwoo adds, "Ivory I don't know if there's anything between us but I want to tell you how I feel." Oh shit.

"Hyunwoo. I'm sorry. I'm not in the position to date anyone. Well not right now. I hope you can understand. I would really love if we can stay friends." He nods and lets go of my hand. 

He asked, "Are you ready for dinner?" 

"Does it have to be in this dress?

"Nope. I was wondering if you wanted to go to my place and eat pizza or dukbokki or both."

"Omg Yes! You are the best." Finally some normalness.

Getting to his place he gave me his sweatshirt and pants. It smells like him. I guess this is what it feels like to put on your boyfriend's sweatshirt. 

He puts in the movie Black Panther.

"You want the subtitles on?" I ask him.

"Oh I didn't tell you but I speak 4 languages and understand about 7ish."

"What? So we could have been speaking English this whole time?"

"Or Spanish. I saw your resume."

I hit him in his arm.

"You dork." 

"Ouch, you hurt my soul." He said in English. The door bell went off so he went to go get the food.

taking a quick peak at my phone, I have a text from Hyeon, Gina, my dad and of course Jay.

I reply to everyone else but Jay's message stops me cold.

Jay: "Where are you. The car isn't anywhere I know."

Ivory: "With Hyeon at our friends house."

Jay: "When are you coming home."

Ivory: "Whenever I want."

Jay: "Be nice or I will come get you. Don't test me."

Ivory: "Yes Daddy"

Hyunwoo comes back and sat the food down.

"Yum!" I say putting my phone back in my pocket.