Love to Live:4

Ivory POV

Summer came and gone. Work as been calm and simple. I've gotten regular costumers now and have gotten closer to the other girls and guards. My mother's condition still hasn't changed but the restaurant has been doing well. With the news of my mom, it spread in our neighborhood. They try helping out with either watching over my mom or helping out at the restaurant like Hyeon. Everything is just falling into place. 

The pay at work is so great that I had enough to finish paying off my school deposit and pay off a little bit of the loan on the house/restaurant. For some reason our new landlord only sent their assistant to relay messages and also to get my parents famous chicken. From what I hear, he sounds like a really nice old rich man.

I start school in one week and I can not wait! Mistress says that I can work less days and get off earlier. Gina has also been doing a lot more wedding planning which for being the only maids near by I'm dragged into a lot of it. But I don't mind, She's wonderful and bubbly. Simon comes around a lot too picking her up from work . One thing that annoying me is Hyunwoo. Every time I see him he is super busy or only says hi. I don't see him around the hospital anymore either. I was hoping to be closer to him.

Coming into work I finally spot him.

"Hyunwoo?!" He stops to look at me then looks away. I jog over to him stopping him.

"Hey, I know you hear me calling you."

"Oh Right. Sorry Ivory."

"What's been up with you? I barely get to spend any time with you. I thought you would be a cool person to be around." He looks down into my eyes. He takes a steps towards me and embraces me in his arms. I was shocked at first but I let him hug me. After a moment he steps back and I see his eyes are watery.

"Hyunwoo?"

"My little brother is gone. Chung is gone forever." Oh no, "He passed away last night and the funeral is tomorrow. I just don't think I can do this alone." I rub his arm.

"That's not true. You have me and your aunt and everyone else here. I'm sure everyone is going to be there." He looks up at me with a soft smile that made me want to burst into tears. He then turns away and leaves the room going down the back to the club. 

Going down the hall I go to mistress office. Before I could knock on it, It was slightly open. I push it just a bit.

"Mistress?" She standing by the window away from me. She sniffles and straighten up then turns to me with a smile and a drink in her hand.

"My sweet Ivory!" I can't even smile. I walk over to her and hug her then quickly back up and bow apologizing. Before I could move she embraces me.

After some time we move to sit on her loveseat. "You know the sad thing is even though I saw this coming, I wasn't prepared. When my brother and sister in law passed, it became my whole life to take care of those boys. The night before my brother passed I had a dream. I was only 20 at the time and it scared the hell out of my mom but my brother just said, 'Eunji I love you too. When I come back home I'll take you out to dinner. Remember to take Hyunwoo to school and that you have Chung awake during the day so he'll sleep at night.' Kissed me goodbye with his new born baby and a middle schooler. I had the similar dream last night. The moment I woke up, I was getting a call from Hyunwoo. I failed." She broke out into even more tears. 

"Look, Just like I told Hyunwoo, I'm here for you. Also for one why are the both of you at work? Go home." She looks down at me and smiles.

"Aww why couldn't he marry you?" She whispers. I don't think I heard her right.