Chapter 38

I woke up bussing sweats. My body was in chills and I couldn't stop breathing so heavy. The way Kin'Dra screamed and cried on that stand played over and over again in my mind and gave me a nightmare. I got up too go shower just to freshen up than check up on all the kids. Ki'Andre and KJ was knocked out it was so cute . I took KJ from his arms and layed him in the crib.

Ki'Andre woke up stretching his body. I pulled him to his feet and kissed him wrapping my arms around his waist as he looked down at me. "I love you.!" I smiled.

I love you more.! He kissed me again and we walked to our bedroom. I got in the bed and he went and took a shower taking his clothes off. I noticed he had lipstick on his collar so I picked the shirt up and yup it was red lipstick. I was feeling stupid as fuck right now.

I got in the bed and pulled the covers over me and went to sleep. I already had so much on my mind already from earlier and we have to do it all over again In a few hours.

_____________
Next morning I woke up early to feed and change the twins. And get Kin'Dra together for the day since she had so many things to do. She didn't have to come to court today which I Thank the lord for. I grabbed my car keys and got my purse together while Ki'Andre finally came downstairs to leave.

What's wrong.? He asked holding my chin up. I shook my head nothing than walked away. I didn't wanna think about the fact that he was cheating on me right now. I just wanted to get through this court shit. I opened the doors and was greeted by a bunch of tv reporters and journalist.

"Ms. Brooks how do you feel about you daughter trying to kill herself.!"

"Mr. Baker do you have guns around your kids.!"

"What was your reaction when you seen the defendant pull a gun out on your child on video.?!"

"Is this gonna affect your fashion designs and make you late on your fall collection.?"

People was swarming us with questions and my head was spinning. I didn't know which way to turn or which way to go. I wanted to scream. I pushed past them running to the car getting in. I broke down crying because i was having an anxiety attack. I wasn't use to this. I mean yeah the press probably caught me a few times but it was always something good about my business or my clothes or the millions of dollar deals I make with big companies. But this was a living nightmare.

You alright.?! Ki'Andre asked me rubbing my shoulders as he drove. I nodded my head yeah and continued to look out the window. A part of me wanted to lash out on him and the other part wanted me to break down in tears.

We pulled up to the court house and I got out while Ki'Andre parked the car. I didn't even bother to wait for him. "Hey Mell.?!" I called out running to catch up with my lawyer.

Heyy Ms.Brooks how are you.?

I'm good how are you.?

Good, what can I  do for you.?

How long can you get for a crime of passion.?

Are you serious.? He asked laughing.

Very.!

Well Ms. Brooks I can get you off with no jail time maybe probation. But for a Crime of Passion you have to show how crazy and in love you was with that person though........is everything okay?

Yeah it's fine just keep my number. I said before walking away.