Prologue

***Liliana's POV***

"Annie wake the fuck up! You're going to be late!" my roommate, Shaylin, yelled.

"Shut up! I have to be there by nine and it's only..." I paused looking at my phone. "8:40."

I then laid back down, ready to continue my slumber.

"Annie." Shaylin whispered.

"Hmm."

"You have twenty minutes to get ready and get to work!" She yelled.

"No! I told you that it's eight forty and I don't have to be there until nine. That gives me twenty min- oh my god I have to go like now!" I yelled.

She laughed at me. "Idiot."

"Shay, this isn't funny! It's my first day! If I'm late they'll fire me and I haven't even got my first paycheck!" I yelled still freaking out.

"And you'll never get that first paycheck if you don't hurry!"

In my struggles to get up fast I fell out of bed, landing on my stomach.

I groaned as I got up and ran to my closet. I looked through the whole damn thing before I found what I was looking for.

I slipped on my outfit as quickly as possible and grabbed my keys.

"You need shoes Annie!" Shaylin yelled as I was almost out the door.

I quickly ran back and grabbed my heels from her hand.

"Okay bye! Make good choices!" I yelled as I ran out the door.

When I finally made it to my car, my luck was the opposite of good. There was traffic. So much traffic.

I arrived at the office building and quickly ran in.

"Ms. Brooks, we've been waiting for you." The receptionist said.

"I'm so sorry." I replied.

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to." She said.

"Right. So uh, where exactly will I be working?"

"Thirteenth floor. Your office is the third door on the right. Here you'll need a card to get up there." She said handing me the card that I assumed would grant me access to the floor.

"Thank you." I said and went to the elevators.

A man stepped in at the same time I did.

"What floor?" I asked politely.

He looked at me as if I was an alien.

"Thirteen." He said and I heard an accent. His voice was heavenly.

"M- me too." I stuttered, awkwardly as I pressed the button.

"I don't care to know your life story." He said rudely.

"Sorry. I guess I'm just feeling nervous because it's my-"

"Look, I don't care who you are or what you're feeling. You are no one to me!" He yelled and as soon as he finished, the elevator doors opened.

He stepped out and I quietly stepped out behind him.

I walked to my office with tears in my eyes.

I sat down and waited for someone to give me some sort of work to do to distract me from my thoughts.

My first day, and I was already hated by someone. It wasn't the best start I could've gotten, but I could make it work. I could pull through.

Moments later I heard a knock at my open door. I looked up to see the man from the elevator.

He just stood there, staring at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked, gaining some confidence.

"Yeah. You can start by sorting out these files, contacting these people, and getting me a coffee." He said dropping several folders on my desk.

He started to walk out the door when I spoke again.

"Who do you think you are?" I asked annoyed

"I think that I'm Ashton Irwin, your new boss."

____________________
~edited~

Not sure how you found this story, but I hope you like the prologue. I will only update on certain weekends until I get wifi at my house and I will update starting September 13th.