Chapter 76

Chapter 76

***Ashton's POV***

"Hello my beautiful, lovely, perfect, amazing girlfriend." I smiled at Liliana before giving her a quick hug.

"Hey loser." she giggled.

"You're so mean. Why do I even talk to you?"

"Because I'm funny and you like having someone to cook for you."

"You're not wrong."

I opened the door and Liliana walked into the restaurant.

"Smells like yummy stuff in here." Lily said.

"Mhm." I agreed.

"Table for two?" the hostess asked.

"Yes. If we could have a table that's kind of private it would be greatly appreciated." I said with a smile.

"Let me see what I can do." she smiled and walked off.

"Private table?" Lily asked.

"Just want to be able to talk freely."

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"Where's your band at?"

"They're not my band and you're changing the subject."

"Lily."

"They're shopping and then going to lunch. Oliver wanted a new guitar."

The hostess reappeared and walked Lily and I to a booth in the back of the restaurant. After we ordered, she sat there staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Nothing."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, so this morning, I walk into work to see that Veronica isn't sitting at the desk. So I'm a little worried because she almost never misses work. I get up to our floor and I see that Nicole's desk is cleared. At this point I'm thinking 'What the hell is going on?' so I go to my office to see my grandfather sitting in my chair. He fired Veronica and Nicole."

"What?" she gasped. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah."

"Why is he-"

"I don't know. He's really starting to piss me off. I think it has something to do with Tiffany. She's been extremely clingy lately. She took it upon herself to put a desk in my office."

"And he's just doing whatever she wants?"

"Yeah. She wasn't even at work today, and she didn't show up until like noon yesterday. I missed a meeting."

"I'm sorry that this is happening. I wish I could help you."

"He has the executive order. I spent the better part of my morning trying to set up job interviews for Nicole and Veronica until I get this shit figured out."

"Ash, maybe you should sit down with him and have a serious talk. You can't just get jobs for everyone and what he's doing isn't fair."

"I know." I sighed. "He wouldn't listen no matter what I say."

Liliana reached across the table and held my hand.

"You need to make him listen."

"I don't know how." I sighed once more.

"Ash." she said softly. "You are the strongest person I know. You're so smart, kind, and considerate, but you need to do whatever feels right. We know that he doesn't like me. That's a fact. What you're trying to do is negotiate me into some sort of deal with him. What you need to do is focus on doing right by everyone else. Fight for Nicole and Veronica. Nicole is trying to pay for college. Veronica has a family. They need this, Ash. So talk to him again, and leave my name out of it. I can afford to not have a steady job. They can't."