Chapter 38

Chapter 38
(It's not as long as it seems.)

***Liliana's POV***

"So are you excited to be home?" Caleb asked.

"Yeah I guess." I stared out of the window of his truck.

"What's wrong?"

I sighed heavily. "Nothing and everything."

"What?"

"Ashton's being weird."

"Oh." He turned the radio up slightly. "It's probably just in your head."

"I don't know. Let's not talk about it."

"Your party's gonna be pretty big tomorrow. I invited some of your friends."

"Who?" I asked excitedly.

"Cam, Callie, Jimmy, Melissa, Coop, Cricket, Fizz, and Blondie. There's more, but I can't remember."

"They're all home?"

"Cricket and Jimmy are just back for the summer. Fizz dropped out of college, and Melissa quit her job."

"Speaking of jobs, I can't believe you drive an hour every day to get to the airport. Is it even worth it?"

"I like working there." He shrugged.

"I'm going to get trampled when I walk through the door."

"You'll be fine."

"Governor weighs twice as much as me, and Blue is almost as tall as me when he stands up."

"Okay, maybe you should stand behind me when we get there." He laughed.

I smiled as we passed a sign that read "Josephville Population 379."

"I'm actually a little nervous. Does anyone know why I'm home?"

"Just Aunt Jenny, Uncle Mark, and Grandma and Grandpa."

"Great, so everyone knows."

"I just told you only Aunt Jenny-"

"Exactly. You know she can't keep her fucking mouth shut."

"She was there when Shaylin called. We couldn't just leave her in the dark." He sighed.

"Charlie's parents came into town." He said, turning onto our road. "They aren't staying with us though."

I became more anxious. They were always very judgmental. They didn't particularly like Blake, Caleb, and I because we weren't Charlie's kids.

"Mom and Charlie are in bed, and I think that Jake and Lance have friends over. I'll take your bags in, but then I gotta go." He pulled into our driveway.

"Booty call?"

"It's not a booty call if they text you."

"Still gross."

"Oh please. Like you have room to talk."

"I've only had sex with two people. You've done it with what, fifty?"

"Ha ha." He said sarcastically. "I can count the number of people I've slept with on one hand."

"And how many fingers does that hand have?"

"Five." He said, and I gave him a look. "Okay twelve, but I'm not a whore."

"Whatever you say."

His truck finally pulled up to the house. He didn't even bother to turn off the engine.

I got out and slowly began walking up the path. The flowers planted along the sides were red.

Daddy (Ashton Irwin)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें