Chapter 36

Chapter 36

***Liliana's POV***

"Hey baby girl." Ashton said as he slid into the booth next to me.

"Hi." I smiled weakly.

"How was your afternoon?" He put his arm around my shoulders.

Stressful, tiring, slightly traumatic.

"It was fun." I took a sip of my water. "I saw Calum."

"You did?"

"Yeah. He was my masseur."

He sighed. "Did he see you naked?"

I smiled at his question. "No."

"Good." He kissed my forehead. "Only I can see that."

"Mhm." I took another sip of my water.

"Annie what was that thing I said earlier? Oh yeah. Disgusting." Shaylin said from in front of us.

Ashton giggled and opened his menu.

I sighed as I put my head on his shoulder.

"Vince is almost here. I'm gonna meet him outside." Shaylin said as she got up and left the table.

"Ashton I need to tell you something." I looked at him.

"What?"

"Alex called me today."

"What do you mean? Like he actually called you?"

I nodded.

"You didn't talk to him, right?" He asked.

"I did." I said quietly. "I am so sorry."

"What did you say?"

"He asked me how I was doing and vice versa. Ashton I need to you be really understanding when I tell you the next part."

"Okay." He said slowly.

"I told him that I loved him, but just listen to me, okay? Shaylin and I talked about this all afternoon, and we decided that whenever I get back from St. Louis, I'm going to see a therapist."

"Why?"

"I need to talk to someone about what happened with Alex. They'll help me so I can be better for you."

"Lily." He frowned. "You don't need to be better for me."

"Yes I do. I like you so much, and I don't want my past relationship to ruin our future one. I mean if you want to have a relationship with me."

"Of course I do." He put his hand on my cheek. "Baby, I know that it's going to take a while for you to get over what happened. Can I ask you something?"

"Anything."

"Do you...actually love Alex still?" He asked hesitantly.

"I don't think so." I said honestly. "I was extremely overwhelmed this afternoon. I think that talking to him messed with my judgement."

Ashton smiled at me before pressing his lips to mine.

"We'll get through this together. If there's anything that I can do, just tell me." He said after he pulled away.

"Beat up Calum."

"What did he do?"

"He put me through some stupid test to see if I was good enough for you. I passed, but I thought that I was going to ruin your friendship."