Chapter 51

Chapter 51

The story may have triggers from here on. It's nothing major, but I want to warn everyone and make sure that you're all okay.

***Liliana's POV***

I wasn't sure how, but we got Fletcher to fit into my car. I couldn't see out of the back window, but it he fit. However, I couldn't get him out. Even if I did know how to get him out of there, I wouldn't be able to carry him without dragging him on the ground.

I sat on my couch cuddled Edmond in the duvet from my bed. I made the awful mistake of looking my name up on google. There were several articles saying that Ashton and I had broken up so he could focus on caring for the child. Most were just talking about how scandalous our relationship is.

My mom called when I got home from work and asked how my birthday was. I told her about Ashton's gifts, and we talked about Harry. She said that I was being very mature with the whole Katie situation, but I cried when I told her how much it hurt not knowing whether I'd lose him or not.

As much as I tried to avoid the topic of Shaylin, she kept coming up in conversations. I called, texted, and even tweeted her. She never answered me. It wasn't like she didn't have her phone because she was posting things on snapchat all day. I don't know why she was so upset with me, but whatever I did really pissed her off.

I got a text from Ash saying that he was on his way over. He and Harry were coming over to give me my cake, watch a movie, and bring Fletcher inside for me.

I sighed heavily as I looked around the apartment. It was clear that Shaylin hadn't cleaned the entire time that I was gone. Her clothes were scattered around the room, dirty dishes on the table, and there was trash everywhere.

I sighed once more as I stood up and began cleaning the mess. It wasn't like Shaylin to leave this much of a mess. The dishes normally made it to the kitchen counter, and her clothes were normally in the hallway.

I gathered all of the clothes and carried them to her room. I expected to see a mess when I opened the door, but there was almost nothing.

The pictures that previously hung on her wall were no longer there, her desk was cleared off, and there were a few cardboard boxes filled with her things.

"Oh my god." I whispered.

I tried to come up with a reasonable explanation for everything, but nothing came to my mind. She was moving out, but why?

I dropped her clothes and closed the door. Just the thought of being alone made me sick.

I finished making the apartment presentable and retreated to my spot on the couch. My thoughts drifted back to the Shaylin situation.

Her moving out would mean that I would have to pay all of the bills. The extra money that was recently brought upon me would allow me to do so, but paying for a two bedroom apartment seemed ridiculous if I had no use for the second room. Moving wasn't really an option for me either. I was in a place where everywhere that I needed to go was no more than thirty minutes away. I had the rest of the month to figure things out.

There was a knock on my door and I got up to answer it. I opened the door to see Kyle standing there with a big smile on his face and Nutella, pretzels, and a bottle of whiskey, with a ribbon on it, in his hands.

"I'm sorry." He said.

I grabbed the whiskey from his hand and closed the door.

"Annie, wait! I just got you back. I don't want to lose you again. You wouldn't answer my calls or texts and I just wanted to apologize. Ashton's not as bad as I thought, but I won't let him hurt you. You're a strong girl, but you need someone to protect you, and I want to protect you."