Chapter 61

Chapter 61

***Kyle's POV***

"Annie please eat something." I said as I rubbed her back.

"Don't feel good." she mumbled.

"I know you don't feel good, but that's only because of your um...lady time. I can make you something."

"I ate this morning." she buried her face in her pillow.

"You have to eat more than once a day." I sighed. "You've only had four meals in the past three days."

"Stop counting."

"I'm worried about you."

Annie curled into the fetal position and whined. "I talk so much and I can't even help it."

"You don't-"

"Yes I do," she said in a strangled tone, "I'm so dumb. Why can't I keep my fucking mouth shut?"

"Did Ashton tell you that you talk too much?"

"Kind of." she mumbled.

"Look at me."

She rolled over and stared at me with sad eyes.

"Annie, you don't talk too much. I promise. Sometimes you ramble, but even then it's not enough. You're so smart and funny. It would be a waste if you didn't say what was on your mind. Just know that I'll always listen to you, even when you're talking about Peppa Pig."

She sat up and hugged me.

"Thanks for being here for me."

"Just being a good friend." I said halfheartedly. "Do you want something to eat now?"

"Yeah, but you probably shouldn't cook."

"I got some more bread when I got your...stuff. I can make you a grilled cheese."

"Please don't burn it."

"I won't."

"I better come watch."

"You can't! I don't want you to see the secret ingredient."

"You're such a weirdo." she giggled.

I smiled at the first sign of happiness that Annie had shown in days. However, her happiness was short lived. A frown took over her features when she looked at her nightstand. I followed her gaze to see that she was looking at her phone, and Ashton was calling.

"Come on." I said.

I got off of her bed and pulled her up with me.

"I'm not hungry anymore."

"Ann, if you don't eat, then I'm not eating."

"Kyle-"

"No. You're not going to do this to yourself. I won't let you. We're doing this together, okay? If you eat regularly, then so will I and everyone will be healthy. If you don't eat, then both of us are going hungry."

"But-"

"I mean it. What you're doing isn't healthy, so we're going to reverse golden rule this shit. Treat yourself as you want others to be treated."

She opened and closed her mouth a couple of times before nodding. "Okay."

"So you wanna go eat?"

She nodded again. 

I massaged her shoulders as we walked to the kitchen.

"Trevor is coming over." I told her.

"Great. I'll be in my room."