Chapter 50

Chapter 50

It'd mean a lot to me if you read my short story Don't Control Me. (Mikey's super adorable in it)

***Ashton's POV***

Perfect. Things were perfect.

My brother was sleeping on the couch, and Lily was sleeping beside me. She wanted to leave so Harry and I could have some time to ourselves, but I made her stay. I wanted her and Harry to get along.

I didn't get the full story on how their little plan came together, but I didn't care. Lily had done something that no one in my family was able to do for five years.

Harry didn't seem the slightest bit angry with me. When I hugged him, he hugged me back even tighter.

He'd grown so much since I saw him last. He was nearing my height and his voice changed. However, he was still as funny as before. He made jokes about how he should date Lily because they were closer in age than we were.

I was glad that Harry liked Lily. It was going to be a lot easier to go home when I had one person on my side.

I really wanted to bring Lily home with me, but I didn't want my family to treat her badly.

There's always been an unspoken rule for a person to wait at least six weeks before doing something drastic in a relationship. That's why I intended to wait another month before I actually told her. The only thing that I could think of whenever I looked over at her was 'I love you.'

I didn't want to freak her out because we were far too early in our relationship for a word so serious. She would probably think that I was mistaking my love for her with the joy I felt when I saw Harry. That wasn't the case.

I knew that I loved Lily whenever she found out about Katie and made me leave. My heart was broken and I didn't function properly for that entire week. I never felt that way with anyone else. I've never felt so strongly about someone.

I looked at my clock and saw that it was after midnight. I quietly got out of my bed and walked to my office. I grabbed the small pink teddy bear and began the walk back to my room.

"Ashton?" Harry's voice called from the living room.

"Yeah?" I asked when I got to him.

"I can't sleep." He said quietly. "What's with the pink bear?"

"It's Lily's birthday." I sat down next to him.

He nodded. "She's not bad. I don't get why mum and Lauren hate her."

"They think she's using me for money and attention."

"Why?"

"Well, for one thing, she works for me. Ever since we started dating, paparazzi have been taking pictures of us, but I don't know why. No ones ever been this interested in me before."

"Oh. Um...about that."

"What?"

"Grandpa and mum have been hiring people to take pictures and stuff."

"What?" I gasped.

"They thought that Annie wouldn't want to be with you if she didn't have any privacy."

"Oh my god."

I was appalled at how conniving and manipulative my family was. My own mother was trying to drive my girlfriend away.

"I can say something to them when I get back, but-"

"I don't want you involved in this. I'll handle it later. How have you been?"