Chapter 29

Chapter 29

***Liliana's POV***

I faked a smile to the girl that was sitting entirely too close to Ashton for my liking.

"Lily do you want me to get you some water?" Ashton asked as he saw my empty cup.

"I'm fine."

"So, Lily, why'd you go with the black cast?" Megan asked.

"Don't call me that." I ignored her question. The name sounded repulsive coming out of her mouth.

"Sorry."

An awful silence fell in the room. The faint beep of by heart monitor was the only thing that I could focus on to keep me sane.

"That's a cute teddy bear." She said in an attempt to break the awkwardness.

I didn't say anything.

"Where's the applesauce?" Ashton asked her.

"Oh, the store didn't have any."

"Then why are you even here?" I said very quietly.

"I'm gonna go get you something to eat. What do you want? Pasta? Yeah." Caleb said as he stood up. "Be back in twenty."

When he walked out, Megan spoke again.

"Your boyfriend seems to know you pretty well."

"Yeah, that's my brother."

"Oh, where's your boyfriend? I would think he would come to see you."

"Don't have a boyfriend."

"Are you sure? I thought I heard you say that you had a boyfriend a couple weeks ago." She was playing dumb.

"I did and now I don't."

"That's sad. What happened?"

"What do you want me to say Megan?" I yelled. "You know, just as well as everyone else in our goddamn office building, that Alex did this to me! I was honestly trying to be nice here, but you're really starting to fucking piss me off."

Her jaw dropped.

"Annie I'm sorry if I made you upset. I was-"

I cut her off.

"Stop being a kiss ass. You're just here because you want to get in good books with Ashton. You wanna know a secret? It's not working, so good fucking bye and don't come back here."

She looked surprised at what I just told her, but I didn't care. My head was starting to hurt again and I just wanted to be alone.

"Sometime today would be nice." I told her.

She grabbed her purse and left the room.

I pushed the table so it wasn't over my lap anymore and sat back in the bed.

"What was that all about?" Ashton asked. I had forgotten that he was there.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Liliana if she's done anything to hurt you I won't hesitate to fire her."

"You can't do that."

"I can if I want to. I want you to be comfortable at work, and I figured that after what happened it may be hard. I just want things to be easier for you."

"Stop!"

"Stop what? I'm just trying to help."

"I don't need your help! You aren't my boyfriend Ashton!" I yelled.