Chapter 39

Chapter 39

***Ashton's POV***

"We're watching something happy now." Liliana wiped the tears from her eyes.

"Baby it's okay." I rubbed her arm. "It's just a movie."

"She- She told him, Ash." She sniffed. "She said, 'You have to promise you won't fall in love with me.' But you know what he did Ashton?"

"He fell in love-"

"He fell in freaking love with her!" She said loudly. "God I love hate love this movie!"

"What's it called again?"

"A Walk To Remember. What do you want to watch? I feel bad for making you sit through that." She began flipping through channels.

"No, I liked it. It was pretty good for a sappy romance movie." I told her, but the truth was that I didn't pay too much attention to the movie. Watching Lily's expressions change was much more entertaining.

"We're watching Family Feud." She stop up and walked to the refrigerator in the corner of what she called the Media Room. "You want something to drink?"

"No thanks."

She grabbed a Gatorade for herself and sat it on the table beside the couch.

"Are you staying for the party?" Lily asked as she sat on my knees, facing me. 

"Party?"

"Yeah. My welcome home party. A lot of my family's going to be here, so I get it if you don't want to."

"Of course I'll stay." I kissed her hand. "I would love to meet your family."

"I'm not gonna introduce you to Charlie's side of the bunch."

"Why?"

"Most of them don't like me." She shrugged.

"Well I like you." I said, making her smile.

"I like you too." Her finger traced my jawline. "A part of me wants you to shave, but this is kind of sexy."

"I still need a haircut."

"No." She frowned.

"Why do you like it so much?"

"It kind of, almost, sort of, in a way reminds me of Kurt Cobain. You know 'cause you both have blond hair and it's kinda long and you have stubble and dimples. You both sing too." She paused and smiled. "But his band actually got successful."

"Hey!" I frowned.

"I'm sorry, I had to." She laughed. "But if you were a famous rockstar, then we never would've met."

"I think we would've. You would probably be my number one fan. I would notice you on Twitter or something and then we would start talking."

"So you want me to be your groupie?"

"Would I be able to kiss you?"

"I only kiss people who make good music." She laughed at her own joke.

I looked at her as she giggled. "You're so beautiful."

I puckered my lips and she kissed them quickly.

"Are you fucking serious?" A voice made Lily and I look to the doorway. "Do you really have to fuck your boyfriend on my couch?"

"Fuck off, Jake." Lily rolled her eyes. 

"No! This is my house."

"It's my house too!"

"No it's not! You moved out!"