Chapter 46

Chapter 46

***Liliana's POV***

"Come on, Annie. You've been up here with Gov for two days. Let's go do something." Blake said softly.

"Don't wanna." I mumbled against my pillow. "My head hurts."

"Probably because you've been crying."

"Because every fiber of my being wants to be with Ashton."

"Annie, he got his ex girlfriend pregnant."

"But I did the math and we weren't together when it happened. I can't really say anything about it. I'm sure he wouldn't leave me if I was pregnant and it wasn't his."

"Are you listening to yourself?"

"I know I sound crazy, but I just want to call him. I overreacted, and if nothing else, he deserves an apology."

"You know what, I'm gonna go pick up Blondie and when I get back, we're going to the lake."

I sighed as I hugged Governor closer to me. The past two days were filled with nothing but grief. I did nothing but sleep, cry, and cuddle with Governor or whatever other dog decided to come to my room. I felt too nauseous to eat any sort of real food, so I had basically been living off of dry Cheerios.

The sound of Blake's footsteps got quieter as he walked away.

"What am I supposed to do, Gov?" I asked my dog. "You liked Ashton, right?"

He whined and his tail wagged slightly against me. I was sure that he was just happy to hear my voice, but it was nice to think that he understood me.

"I know, I like him too. Should I call him? Yeah? Okay. I'll do it. Thanks, buddy."

I took my phone off of the charger and went to my contacts. I smiled as I saw 'Ash' with 'Best Boyfriend In The World' in parentheses. His contact picture was him holding the sign that said 'Girlfriend?' on it.

I pressed the small phone next to his name and put my phone to my ear.

It rang four times before someone answered, but it wasn't Ashton.

"Katie?" I asked quietly.

"Hi, Annie. How are you?" Her devilish tone made me roll my eyes.

"Where's Ashton?"

"He went out to get a few things for me. Such a supportive boyfriend, don't you think?"

"Ashton is not your boyfriend." I said harshly.

"He doesn't have to be my boyfriend to fuck me. I'm sure you know that."

"You are honestly trying way too hard. Ashton doesn't even like you."

"No, Ashton doesn't like girls that let their boyfriends beat them up. That's really pathetic, Annie. I thought that you were smarter than that."

"Is that really the only thing that you can come up with?" I chuckled bitterly. "I'm not even going to argue with you. Have a nice day."

I hung up and turned off my phone. Seconds later, a memory played in my mind.

'God, you are so fucking dumb.' Alex's voice was clear. 'It's not surprising that you're failing.'

'I'm failing because I'm doing your work instead of mine.' My slightly younger self mumbled.

'And you obviously aren't doing a very good job. I got a C.'

'I'm doing work for classes that I've never heard of! I don't see why you can't do this stuff yourself, Alex.'

'I'm busy! I told you that.'