Chapter 35

Chapter 35

***Shaylin's POV***

"Let's go!" I yelled out of my car window.

"Annie!" I honked the horn.

She pulled away from Ashton for a few seconds before looking back to him. They exchanged a few words before kissing again.

I sighed and leaned back in my seat. It reminded me of the scene in The Fault in Our Stars where Isaac and Monica were making out while Gus talked to Hazel.

A few minutes later, Ashton was walking Annie over to my car.

"I'll see you tonight." Ashton said as he kissed Annie again.

He whispered something that I didn't hear and Annie giggled. "I am. I promise."

"Just making sure. Go have fun, but not too much fun."

"I'll text you later." She hugged him.

"Okay." He kissed her forehead before ducking down and looking at me. "Happy birthday Shaylin."

I smiled at him before he walked away and Annie got in the car.

"Here's your jacket."

"You guys are fucking disgusting." I said as I pulled out of the parking space.

"These are his favorite heels."

"So that means you have to suck face for ten minutes? I'm surprised he didn't just fuck you on the hood of his car."

She sighed heavily. "I really like him, Shay."

"What did you promise him?"

"Huh?"

"'I am. I promise.'" I mocked her voice.

"Oh that? Uh nothing."

"Annie we have never had secrets between each other. You wouldn't want to break best friend code, would you?"

"It's really not important."

"Tell me or my whole birthday will be ruined."

She mumbled something.

"What?"

"He just said that..." She mumbled the rest.

"Annie!"

"Fine! He said that I better be wearing underwear, and I am. That's what I promised."

"Oh Annie. Sweet, young, naive, innocent Annie."

"What?"

"You should've said no, then he would've spent all day thinking about you."

"He does that anyways." She smiled smugly.

"As I said before, fucking disgusting."

"I just got out of a terrible relationship. Can you blame me for wanting to have fun?"

"Not at all."

Fifteen minutes later, we pulled into the spa's parking lot. It wasn't my idea to do this, but Annie seemed really excited to have a girls day.

"Alright Shay, give me your phone." She said as she opened her purse.

"Why?"

"So we can't be on them all day." She handed me hers. "And I already told Ashton that you would have it, so don't try anything."

I put my phone in her purse.

"Annie I swear if you beat my high scores on anything I won't make you macaroni for a month."