Chapter 67

Chapter 67

Almost forgot. It's short...I hope you still love me.

***Liliana's POV***

For the past week, Ashton has been very distant. I tried to act like it wasn't bothering me, but it was. It definitely was. Tiffany wasn't just filling in for me occasionally. She was almost taking over my job. She was the one that Ashton went to when he needed work done. She was the one that got his lunch and went to meetings with him. What was I? Nothing.

I had seen Nicole more than I'd seen Ashton. She was starting to become a great friend. She saw the way that Ashton's mannerisms had shifted. Everyone had.

Eating alone at lunch wasn't something that I particularly enjoyed. It was embarrassing to sit by myself in the cafeteria. But even that was better than sitting in my office. I would have to be in there with Tiffany.

I resorted to sitting in my car, and that's where I was. It was my lunch hour and I was sitting in my car with tears in my eyes. Every time I asked Ashton if we could talk, he would say that we would later. We never did.

'Where are you?' a text from Ashton remained on my lock screen.

Twice I had almost replied, but I changed my mind. I needed some time to think in an Ashton clear environment. There was no doubt in my mind that most of this was just my brain over exaggerating his actions. Over exaggeration or not, I was upset. For once, I was trying to fix things because they were my fault. I was taking full blame and responsibility, but Ashton wouldn't let me talk to him.

Being ignored is the one thing that I can't handle. It makes me feel so useless and unwanted. Farah said that that's one of the reasons I stuck with Alex. When he was hitting me, he was paying attention to me. In my mind, I guess that was better than him forgetting about me.

Knock knock knock.

My head quickly turned to the passenger window. Ashton stood there, hunched over, pointing to the lock.

I unlocked the car and quickly wiped my eyes as he got in.

"Hey." I smiled.

"What are you doing out here?"

"Having lunch." I offered him a carrot.

"No thanks. But why are you eating out here?"

"Had to run home to get these and a good song came on when I got here." That was actually true.

"Well you could've answered my text. I was worried."

"Sorry. I guess I forgot that it worries people when they don't know where a person is. I would be worried sick if I ever texted you multiple times to ask where you were or if you're okay and got no reply."

"Is that why you've been acting weird? I told you-"

"No you didn't! You haven't told me shit. And I'm not the one that's acting weird. You are."

"I am not." he laughed.

"Ashton this isn't funny. I'm upset and I'm trying to talk to you about it."

"Can't it wait until after work?"

"No." I pouted.

"Are you serious right now?"

"Either talk to me or get out."

"Annie you're being a child."

"I can honestly say that I'm not sure what hurts the most. The fact that you don't see a problem here, you're disregarding my feelings, you called me a child, or you calling me Annie."