Sugary Tongues and Heart-Shaped Eyes

by: orphan_account

Summary:

Harry and Niall spend Valentine's Day together. It's a stupid holiday.

°•°•°

“Are you positive that Louis won’t find this too stupid?” Liam is holding a white teddy bear out in front of him, eyes so intense that Harry worries the bear will burst into flame. “I don’t want it to seem childish, you guys. It’s only part of the present, but still, it’s not dumb is it?”

“Celebrating Valentine’s Day with your boyfriend indoors is childish, Liam,” Niall yells from an aisle over, and Harry bites the inside of his cheek to stop from laughing. “Buy him a pint and snog him in the back of the cinema like everyone else.”

“Niall, that’s just -” Liam lets out an exasperated sigh and shakes the teddy bear. “Now I see why you don’t have a girlfriend; you’re rubbish when it comes to things like romantic holidays.”

Niall comes around the corner of the aisle grinning and Harry throws an arm around his shoulder. “Now Liam, that’s no way to talk to someone.” Liam pulls an extremely apologetic face and Harry anchors Niall to his side. “Anyways, Niall’s treating me to a proper date on Valentine’s Day, isn’t that right?”

Niall scratches at his head for a moment, considering, and then shrugs. “Yeah, I suppose I don’t have anything better to do.” His eyes dart between the teddy bear Liam is clutching and Harry’s face. “But if you’re expecting something as sappy as a teddy bear, you can count me out.”

Harry laughs, buries his face in Niall’s neck and sighs. “I guess a pint and a snog in the back of the cinema will do.”

Niall sticks his tongue out at Liam.

+

Louis throws himself Harry’s bed dramatically, head hanging off the end. He looks at Harry upside down and pulls the most ridiculously tragic face Harry has ever seen before rolling on his stomach, sticking his lower lip out.

“I just don’t understand why you can’t tell me,” Louis whines, swatting at Harry’s thigh. “I only want to know because I’ve yet to get him a gift and I don’t want to do anything too extravagant.”

“We both know whatever you end up doing will be too extravagant, Louis,” Harry reminds him, sitting down with his back against the headboard of his bed. Louis crawls over and puts his head in Harry’s lap, and Harry runs his fingers through Louis’ hair, who almost purrs with delight. “Anyways, why are you so mental about this? It’s not like a bad Valentine’s Day is going to break you two up.”

“Bad Valentine’s Days leave a lasting impact on everyone, Harry,” Louis points out. “Remember when you brought Cara out to dinner and she ended up with food poisoning?”

“That wasn’t my fault,” Harry interjects, glaring at Louis. “How was I to know she’d end up ill?”

Louis stares at him blankly. “You don’t bring a girl for tacos on Valentine’s Day, Harry.”

“She said she liked tacos,” Harry hums, shaking his head. “Anyways, you could give Li a chocolate bar and he’d still moon over you. He’s smitten.”

“Speaking of smitten,” Louis says, a smirk slowly lighting up his whole face. “Liam told me Niall’s bringing you out for Valentine’s Day.”

Harry’s whole face flushes and the heat that has built up in his cheeks and underneath the collar of his jumper is smothering. He strips himself of his sweater and hastily pulls down his t-shirt as Louis pokes at his belly.