That Neighbor

by: asaprockme

°•°•°

Summary:

Harry and Niall are neighbors and Niall has been crushing on him ever since he moved next door. The thing is, Niall can't find the courage to even start a conversation with him, so he's left to admire from afar.

Chapter 1

He doesn't even know his name. All he knows is that they're neighbors and that he's incredibly attractive. He's got curly brown hair that's in dire need of a cut, but Niall doesn't necessarily mind because he wouldn't mind running his fingers through it, but that's a whole other story. He's got these big, green eyes that sparkle even in the dull light of the hallway in the complex that they live in. He's fairly fit body wise (Niall's seen his abs one day when he was walking in and out of his flat without a shirt; Niall really wants to trace his tattoos with his tongue, but he'd rather not get into that.) and speaking of tattoos, he's got a shitload of them.

Well, not really a shitload, but he had a decent amount decorating his arms and chest and torso. He's a bit of a sweetheart, really. He's very polite; always manages to wave at Niall with the brightest smile whenever they cross paths. Niall really likes him even though he doesn't even know the lad's name.

Now that's a problem.

It's a Wednesday afternoon and Niall is leaving his flat to make a quick trip to the grocery store for a few things when it happens. He's locking his front door now, humming along to some shitty radio tune that's been stuck in his head for days now. He's just about to turn around and continue on his way but first he decides to do some little dance, motioning his leg in a way that's similar to how Michael Jackson used to but it's more toned down. He kicks his leg up just a little and adds in a twirl of his keys and the next thing he knows, he's bumping into someone.

That someone is all muscles and sweat like they just got done with a hardcore workout. Niall would've been disgusted but as soon as he looked to see who this sweaty human being was, he lost all train of thought.

It was his neighbor. His green eyed, tattooed, and now completely sweaty neighbor. Fuck, Niall mentally curses. I mean, Niall thought he was fit before but now, wow, he's really something. He's a work of fucking art.

"Oh, um, sorry," Niall mutters when he realizes that he's just been standing here admiring. His cheeks are blazing like a fucking forest fire. He hates himself right now, he really does.

"It's alright," Green Eyes chuckles. "Nice dance moves, by the way." He smirks, and if that doesn't make Niall weak at the knees and his dick stirring under his sweatpants he doesn't know what would.

"Um, thanks?" Niall nervously laughs. His face is still on fire and to top it all off his heart is beating at paces he never even knew was possible. Man, he needs to get a grip.

He'd like to have a grip on Curly's dick, but that's another story.

And with that his neighbor chuckled again, this smug look on his face before he's letting out a 'see you later' and he's off. Niall's left standing in the hallway staring at him until he's gone.

And that's when Niall realizes he still doesn't know his name.

***

It's been two days since their last encounter—technically their first one—and Niall can't stop thinking about him. But mostly, what's his name? He's sitting on his sofa, watching some shitty soap opera (don't ask) and eating a bag of cheese crisps when there's a knock on his door. It's Friday and Niall's at home being a couch potato like always. He's got friends but then again he doesn't so couch potato it is.