You're My Sunshine After the Rain

by: ifzi0531

Summary:

"Harry..." Niall murmurs after a few minutes of trying to close his eyes and still failing to fall asleep because the noises are still there. In fact, Niall swears that the sounds of the fans downstairs are louder than before.

"Yeah, babe?" Harry asks, gazing at his boyfriend.

Niall tilts his head up to look at Harry and suddenly begins to tear up. "I'm tired. I want to sleep. But I can't. Please..I just want to sleep." He says, his voice cracking as he begs for Harry's help.

°•°•°

Niall loves the fans; he really does. They are truly the best fans in the world. Though, sometimes their habits can leave something to be desired.

He's staring blankly at the ceiling, trying to sleep but the fans outside are so loud. So loud that he can't even block them out enough to close his eyes and fall asleep. He turns his head to the side and smiles at the sight of his boyfriend, who is sleeping soundly next to him. Part of him is envious of how easy it is for him to fall asleep, despite the racket. Though the other part of him is grateful, too, because he knows how tired all of them are with the jet lag.

Niall sighs softly, feeling completely miserable. He carefully sits up and climbs out of the bed, tiptoeing around to get his jacket and slide into his shoes. He glances one last time at his boyfriend, before he slips out to the hallway.

Once he is outside of his room, he stares blankly, not exactly sure of where to go. He can't go downstairs because of the fans, and he can't go to anyone else' room, either, be it the band or the crew because he doesn't want to disturb anyone if they happened to have actually fallen asleep.

Niall sighs again, thinking silently on where to go before he remembers the door leading to the rooftop that he saw earlier that day. He begins to wander in the general direction and mentally congratulates himself when he finds the door is not locked. He opens it and finds a set of stairs on the other side, and climbs until he reaches the rooftop. He stays away from the edge as to not alert any of the fans below, knowing that they'll go crazier if he shows his face from the rooftop. Instead, Niall takes a seat. He stares up at the sky and starts to count the stars, hoping that he can fall asleep after that.

"What are you doing here?"

Niall turns his head quickly at the sound of his boyfriend's voice, not having noticed that he is standing next to him.

"What are you doing here?" Niall asks instead. "Last time I checked, you were asleep," he points out.

"Well, you weren't there. I felt lonely."

Niall chuckles and shakes his head. "Harry, you're such a sap."

Harry laughs, sinking down to sit beside his boyfriend, looking up at the sky with him. "Couldn't sleep?" He asks, glancing at Niall to gauge his reaction. He knows Niall is tired, it shows clearly on his face, but obviously the loud noise that comes from the fans forbids his boyfriend from sleeping. Harry wraps his arm around his boyfriend when the older guy nods silently. "I knew you're going to end up here if you can't sleep," he tells him.

Niall tilts his head slightly, staring at his boyfriend. "How?"

Harry smiles and shrugs. "You'll never throw yourself out there because downstairs are full of fans, and I know for a fact that you'd be too nice to knock on anyone else's door," he explains. "And I know how much you love watching the stars, so..I made my own conclusions."

Niall nods, shivering slightly when the wind starts to blow and damn it's cold. "You know me too well, babe." He grins through chattering teeth.