Secret Love Song

by: lilac_narry 

And you kiss me on the dance floor

I wish that it could be like that

Why can't it be like that? Cause I'm yours.

-

They were inseparable since they were in diapers.

-

The year 2000

"I don't know." Harry shrugged at his mum's question. He wasn't really listening to Anne though, as his best friend Niall was over and they were having a very serious foot-war under the table as they ate their jelly toast.

Anne shook her head as the boys giggled wildly. "I'm winning!" Harry cheered, smiling widely at Niall.

"Yeah right Hazzy, you suck at this game." Niall have him a look of disbelief.

They played like that for a few more hours until Maura arrived to pick of her son. "Niall, your mummy is here!" Anne shouted down stairs to the playroom. They waited patiently for a few minutes, talking about their sons' first grade teacher and things that were going on in the Adult world.

"Niall! Harry!" Anne called after the boys still hadn't come up for five minutes.

They waited another minute before the boys came upstairs. The women only stopped talking when they spotted the boys dressed up in Harry's fathers clothing. Harry was wearing a pink and black tie that was just double knotted sloppily around his neck, his small feet stood inside his father's work shoes and he wore a blazer as well that belonged to his dad. Niall was dressed similar, except instead of a crazy tie, he wore a top hat that Harry had from his magic kit.

"Oh, hello boys." Maura smiled, trying her hardest not to laugh.

"Hello Maura." Harry flashed a cheeky smile at Niall's mum.

"You boys look dashing, what's the occasion?" Anne questioned.

"We got married." Niall explained to them.

The two women, smiled at their boys. Who were they to get in the way of their sons' wedding day? "Wow, congratulations, I think wedding pictures are in order?" Maura suggested.

"Good idea." Harry nodded. So that's what they did, Niall and Harry, made funny faces at the camera while their mothers cooed over how adorable they were.

"I think we should get going soon, hey Niall?" Maura turned to her son at the end of the little photo-shoot.

"No! I can't leave! I just got married!" Niall argued with his mother, a serious expression crossing his face.

"It's okay Niall, we can have a sleepover tomorrow, cause it's the weekend, right mum?" Harry asked Anne, who nodded.

Niall sighed "Okay."

"See you tomorrow Hazzy!" He yelled behind him as his mum unlocked the car.

"Bye Niall! I love you!" Harry blew a kiss to his best friend, smiling happily in his direction.

"I love you!" Niall yelled in return from the car as his mum buckled him in.

X

The year 2004

Niall ran down the field, his face drenched with sweat. He could hear the cheers of supportive families in the background. The ball fit between his feet and it felt almost natural as Niall swerved our mound the defence and kicked the ball right past the goalie, scoring the winning goal for his neighbourhood footie team. He heard loud cheers erupting, there weren't many people there but his family and his best friends family made noise enough for Niall to feel proud.