Chapter 6♧♤♡

Start from the beginning

"Sorry if I startled you kitty..I just wanted to make sure you are okay back here"

"It's okay dad. Am fine,I was just startled that's all"

"Are you sure you are okay?" Scrutinizing me under his eyes

Am I okay? Do I look okay? Does coming back to Nigeria sound okay? Or me being everyone's topic of discussion in a freaking new school okay!

Mentally, I was screaming at my dad but I just couldn't say it out loud.

"I'm fine dad...am just going to finish up the dishes real quick and go to bed" I said turning back to the sink and running water.

That was until I felt his hand dropped gently on my shoulder. He turned me around to face him again and I swallowed back a tears.

"I'm sorry kitty. I know it's hard for you to be here cos it's hard for me too but I need you to be strong and give yourself a chance to get to live in this country. There are so many things you can do and learn over here. I need you to give it a try okay?"

I gave a small nod in between a hiccup.

"I know you don't fully understand why we had to come back here but I need you to trust me this one time.it's not easy for me, I don't think it will be any easier for you either but there are people who needs my help and I can't turn my back on them....that's why I need you to hang in there for a while. I promise we will be out of here when the time is right"

I could only do as much as to nod to every of his word at this point. One word from me and am going to start crying cos deep down I know he is right. Those patients at the hospital needs his help just like we needed help when my mom was down and in pain. So much pain that we couldn't save her from and had to say good bye at the last minute.

All the nights I cried thinking about the hands I couldn't hold anymore and the face that was beginning to fade away. Her tender voice that could sing to me at night. Her beautiful face...my mom!

Dad has found his refuge at helping others and he seems to have healed pretty well. I on the other hand can't dare to say the same thing for myself though.

I was still stuck at shutting people out even the only person I have left in the entire world, I have kept at arm length...

He placed a kiss on my forehead and looked at me again.

"Just finish up and go to bed okay?"

"Okay dad" my voice was a bit cracky at this point.

I watched him stroll towards the door and felt something break right inside of me. I felt totally empty and weak for the first time in a long time. I miss my mom!!

"Dad?" I called out to him just as he was about to hit the door.

"Yes? Kitty?  Are you okay? "

"Can I give you a hug?" My voice barely audible.

The river of tears that was holding up was now finding their way down my cheeks at this point.

"Oh baby, you know you don't need to ask me first..come here" he offered with an open arms

Once I was locked in between those huge arms in a bear hug. I realized I needed that hug so badly. Can't even remember the last time I gave my dad a comforting hug like this very one. He deserved it just as much as I needed it.

"I love you dad" I said smiling up at him with teary eyes.

I saw a flash of light crossed his eyes and I knew why...he was happy!

"I love you too kitty...so very much"

He kissed me on the forehead again and I heard myself sigh in, in total relief.

That was a little inside of Katherine's life don't you think?

Vote ,comment and share. ...

Much love
Xoxo
Agnesomalia