Chapter 28: Euphoria

- Kai's Pov -

I feel absolutely ecstatic. Why? Because sitting with his back against the bottom half of a tree with a terrified experience on his face, is my biological father of this world. The man that made sure one of my first experiences in this world was the hot sting of an open palm on my weak cheek. The man who abandoned his wife and my sweet, kind mother of this world, at the first hint of money. This man...I will enjoy tormenting.

[Kai] "What's wrong? Don't you have anything to say, bastard?"

I grin as my foot connects with his gut, indenting him into the tree stump behind him and prompting a short coughing fit as he splutters up blood.

[Father] "Y-Y-You...Mon-"
[Kai] "Monster? Yes, that is what you called me before you ran away with your tail between your legs from your son, whom I might add, had only just woken up from a coma. Don't you think that's a little embarrassing?"

I will be the first to admit that I'm enjoying this.

[Father] "Bastard..."
[Kai] "What was that?"
[Father] "Bastard!"

My father attempts, quite humorously, to attack me, throwing a slow punch towards my face. I could have let him punch me as it would do nothing. I could catch it and throw him around like an inflatable hammer at a child's party. Instead however, I simply step to the side. The sudden, unexpected movement causes him to overextend and lose his balance, allowing me to place my foot in front of him and trip him. As he falls on his face, I raise my right leg and stomp down on his ankle. A satisfying crack echoes in my ears as his screams of pain soon replace it.

[Kai] "The word bastard; commonly used to describe an unpleasant or despicable person. Now, does that really sound like me?"

I make sure to whisper the last words close to his face, watching as tears begin to leak from his eyes.

[Kai] "You know, it's funny how things tend to work out. You become a slave to an idiot, likely having been used as nothing more than cattle till this point. Where as I, became the same kind as the one who has you by the balls."

Grabbing him by the back of his neck, I lift him up off the ground with ease. Unfortunately, my attention is drawn to the one attempting to escape, having pried the stone spikes out of his legs. Admirable, though not enough. A grin forms on my face once more as I use a minimal amount of effort to throw my father at the fleeing man. The two men slam into each other, toppling over before separating.

[Kai] "I have questions for you, so just stay put. <Ensnare> <Reinforce>"

At my command, the grass grows and twists around the formerly fleeing man, covering him in a tightly bound wrapping of nigh unbreakable grass. The man, whose name is Demetri if I heard correctly, begins struggling to no avail as his legs slowly start to heal. While I was distracted by the fleeing figure, it seems my father decided it was in his best interest to attack me again. This time, it seems, he has decided to choke me.

[Kai] "<Repel>"

A familiar sight occurs as my father is sent flying back by an invisible force that originated from me. His body sails a short distance into the forest, much to my chagrin. Well, I suppose this gives me a chance to test something I've been meaning to try out.

[Kai] "<Detect>"

Concentrating on the wounded image of my father, the faint, red outline of a crumpled man appears within the green foliage.

[Kai] "Found you. <Pull>"

Extending my palm towards the forested area, the battered figure of my father comes flying towards me, stopping when my fingers wrap around his scarred neck.