Chapter 7: Deal

3 days. It's been three days since I tried to escape. Apparently, according to Verren who had come to visit once a day to check on my recovery, Daniel had been killed after jumping from a window in a bid to escape, only to fall to death on the ground below. He also joked that Daniel made quite a good treat and chew toy for the hounds so he wasn't all that displeased with the outcome. Right now though, it's just me and the elf in the room together, silent while she heals me.

[Elf] "alright, that should be enough for you to speak. Try it."
[Kai] "<recover>"

My jaw began moving after the slightly muffled spell and started to fix itself to the bewilderment of the elf girl. My jaw felt much better now and I didn't even get a headache thanks to the meditation I did whilst being healed which seems to have further increased my mp as I've taken to calling it.

[Kai] "ah, that's much better."
[Elf] "wha-how-huh?"
[Kai] "you saw my abilities three days ago. I'm full of surprises. Though, try to take advantage of that, I will kill you."
[Elf] "eh? You have one hell of a trust issue there kid."
[Kai] "I know. And I'd prefer you didn't call me kid."
[Elf] "you're a kid even by human standards."

I wonder how she would react if I told her I was actually over twenty years old. At least, mentally.

[Elf] "I suppose we should call that vampire in here."
[Seyird] "no need. He has already been informed."
[Elf] "wha-?! Don't, scare me like that!"
[Seyird] "apologies, but lord Verren is on his way."

As if on queue, the man in question walked through the door with a disgustingly happy look on his face.

[Kai] "wh-"

Thinking about it now, I should probably put a hold on taunting the man who put someone that knows a being similar to a god personally in what equates to the hospital for three days.

[Verren] "I've heard you're able to speak again. Were you about to ask me something?"
[Elf] "I think he wants to know why you're so happy all of a sudden."

When did these two get so close?

Verren gave a wide grin when he heard the elves question.

[Verren] "hehe, well, my daughter Lucile, just told me that she was able to speak to someone for the first time in a very long time. And not just that, but the way she spoke about him!"

He's become a doting father all of a sudden... wait, Lucile? Talk to someone for the first time?... shit, I need to change the topic fast before he puts two and two together.

[Kai] "so, about that deal?"
[Verren] "hm? Ah right, there was that wasn't there. So, what is it you promised?"
[Kai] "I can show you now if I can get a glass of wa-"

I was cut of by Verren holding out a glass of water in front of my face. Well, better get this over with then, I hope this works.

I closed my eyes and held the glass of water tightly in my hands while picturing the process in my mind. The water getting thicker, changing colour, the plasma, the minerals, the red and white blood cells as well as a few other things.

[Kai] "<Alter>"

I opened my eyes and hoped. A second passed, then a few more seconds of nothing until finally, from the bottom of the glass up, the water began to change. The originally clear liquid became a thick red.