Chapter 19: Gods plan

The place I'm in... is the familiar forest area within my mind that seems to have expanded by quite a large amount. If I had to guess, I would say that it's about one hundred metres around. I'm starting to see some actual forest rather than the plains-like area with a few trees scattered here and there. The last thing I notice, is the current freeloader of this space, God. It's no longer wearing a kimono and is now clothed in a pair of blue jeans, a white undershirt and a light grey hoodie with it's hands in its front pocket.

[Entity] "Yooo~"
[Kai] "...what...what are you doing?"
[Entity] "whaaat~ I'm just having a little fun."
[Kai] "If a god could get high, in pretty sure this is what it would be like."
[Entity] "alright, alright, that's enough of that then. So, you didn't die this time... that's good."
[Kai] "were..your expecting me to die?"
[Entity] "after pushing your entire being to 175% with a power you only just got, it's surprising to say the least that you got off with just losing an arm."
[Kai] "yeah, I may have gotten a little too enthralled."
[Entity] "A little? You've permanently destroyed your arm. It won't regenerate."
[Kai] "What?! Why not?!"
[Entity] "You pushed your physical being too far. See?"

It held out his hand and a cracked, faded grey arm appeared in it.

[Entity] "this is your arm after that."
[Kai] "that-!..."
[Entity] "anyone else would have lost it forever, but... if you're willing to make a deal... I will give this back to you."
[Kai] "a-what kind of deal?"
[Entity] "simple. You see, in this world there are mortals that believe themselves the rulers. I simply want you to prove them wrong."
[Kai] "uh, and who exactly are these... mortals?"

Entity grinned mischievously as it continued.

[Entity] "12 chaos knights that serve 12 dark kings, 9 abyssal lords and finally the one who calls himself the void emperor. Convoluted, I know."
[Kai] "that's... a lot..."
[Entity] "no rush. Just know that until you've completed this task, I will not allow you to die. In your place, someone close to you will meet their end."
[Kai] "you-!"
[Entity] "or I could just take back the life I gave you. Would you prefer that?"

This damn thing!

[Entity] "well? What will it be?"

Entity gave a devilishly malevolent grin that stretched from ear to ear sending a shiver down my spine. If it was just my arm then I wouldn't have accepted but... damn it!

[Kai] "...I swore I'd do whatever it took to survive, and that hasn't changed, so I agree to your terms."
[Entity] "excellent. If there's one thing I can rely on, it's the weakness of the mortal mind."

Just you wait. It won't be that way forever.

[God] "here you gooo~"

It tossed me my arm and it vanished into thin air before reappearing attatched to my body once again.

[Entity] "Oh, and I'll tell you this now. The next time we talk will be once you've killed one of those incorrigible idiots."

With that, the world faded once more... no, more like I was kicked out by the freeloading figure that seems to think he'll keep me under his thumb forever. I can't wait to prove him wrong.

-

"Kai?"

Opening my eyes, I seem to be in some kind of medical room. It's certainly not the castle.

"Kai?"

Hm? Looking towards where the voice is coming from, Lucile is sitting there with tears brewing in her eyes.

[Kai] "Hey-"

The sound of hand hitting face echoed in the small room. Lucile slapped me.

[Lucile] "You idiot! Don't just run off like that you scared me!"
[Kai] "A-ah...I'm sorry.."