Chapter 17: Royal

I ran down the halls as fast as my legs would carry me, finding myself in front of a door with a metal plaque that read Lucile Verona Feyren. I went to knock but right as my fist was about to hit the wood I could hear the soft sounds of sobbing from the other side. My hand fell to the side as my back hit the door and slid down until I was sitting in front of it. I sat there, lamenting my decision to tell her and after a few hours, I fell asleep.

- Lucile's pov

*sob* *sob*

A human?! How? Why? Did my father not notice? I- can't do this. I heard the sound of something hitting the door. It must be Kai. I-I can't look at him right now. After a while, I got up off the bed and carefully opened the door, revealing Kai, sleeping outside my door with a sad look on his face. I carefully walked past him and went back to the garden. The only place that I can think clearly right now.

- Kai's pov

I felt a sudden feeling enter my mind and as my eyes opened, I saw a glimpse of a familiar looking figure duck into the shadows of a hallway. Getting up and stretching my stiff body after sleeping in such an uncomfortable position I realised who the person I saw looked like.

[Kai] "No way..."

I raced into the shadows, looking around frantically for the auburn haired person skulking around in a castle filled with raven haired individuals. As I'm at a loss for the position of the mysterious individual, I'm pushed into the wall as another body rests up against mine, dyed red hair flowing down as her eyes shone with blue brilliance.

[Sara] "Hey Kai, long time no see."

Why, or rather how is this bitch here? And better yet, why is she brushing up against me like a cat in heat.

[Kai] "what are you doing?"
[Sara] "I'm sorry for rejecting you for so long... the truth is... the way you are now... I want you. So take me. Right here, right now-"

I gripped her mouth shut and slammed her into the ground with surprising force before mounting her and gripping her arms tightly.

[Sara] "you like it rough huh? I can do th- y-your grips a bit tight don't you think?"

Bitch you ain't seen nothing yet. I gripped tighter, tighter, tighter until I heard bones snapping and I covered her mouth as she let out a muffled scream.

[Kai] "who the hell are you?"
[Sara] "wh-what do you mean...? It's me! Sara! I thought you loved me!?"
[Kai] "then I guess you didn't do your research correctly. What are you? A mind reader? Did you try to take a peek inside?"
[Sara] "I-I don't know what you're talking about!"
[Kai] "I'm not in the mood to hear your bullshit. I got enough from the real one."
[Sara] "y-you..."

I got up, picking her up by the neck as I did so.

[Kai] "why are you here."
[Sara] "I-"
[Kai] "lie and you die a death worse than Lors."
[Sara] "..."

The fakes body shivered in fear before its shape began to twist and change form. After the red haired aim of my hatred disappeared, what I was left gripping tightly in my hand was the neck of a nude, green skinned girl with white hair and black eyes.

[Kai] "what are you?"
[Girl] "I'm... a doppelgänger..."
[Kai] "Name."
[Girl] "G-Grishna.."
[Kai] "alright Grishna. Why are you here?"
[Grishna] "R-request to the dark guild.."
[Kai] "elaborate."
[Grishna] "I c-can't tell y- ghuk!"