Chapter 8: A Learning Experience

Okay, let's get started. This is a bit of a set back to be sure but this won't stop me. I just have to change the order of business a little.

First, cleaning this place and making it somewhat liveable, second is to work on turning all this water into blood, third is a double and will consist of both torturing Lors and figuring out a way to make this shit taste better which should help me gain their trust. Fourth is to train both my mind and my body up to a point that if shit hits the fan then I'll at least be able to survive. That's all I can think of for now and things may change but i think my plan is acceptable at the moment.

Since I'm unable to leave the room, I decided to work on changing one barrel to start off with in order to make it look like I was working, then moving onto doing various exercises like push ups, sit ups, etc. by the time Seyird came to give me my meal, I was sweating like a pig and traded the barrel of ready made blood for the food and asked if I could have some cleaning tools. Seyird, after checking the content, placed the large barrel over his shoulder and left, ignoring my request entirely.

[Kai] "*sigh* guess I'll have to rely on my magic again."

After rattling my brain to come up with an answer, I went with the most simple solution.

[Kai] "<clean?>"

The dust, dirt and other various unclean substances evaporated into thin air as if never existing in the first place, leaving the stone floor remarkably clean and tidy. The shelving was almost reflective if not for the poor choice in metal that was used to make them.

[Kai] "much better."

I got on with making another three barrels of blood, using a strength spell to carry them over to an empty corner. I then moved on to another hour of physical work out followed by an hour of meditation, physical work, meditation, blood, eat. This would be my daily routine for a few days until I discovered something. Through constant usage of the <alter> spell, I became able to use it without speaking! And after two more days, I could do it without even barely thinking about it. This is when things started getting interesting, and my daily routine was changed.

[Seyird] "come with me."

Seyird had given me my third meal of the day, at least, that's what I think. There aren't any Windows here so I'm not entirely sure what time it is. Alternative to what he normally does, which is leave immediately, he stood there patiently as I finished my meal. Thinking something was strange and feeling uncomfortable at the stare he was directing towards me, I managed to finish my meal in record time, though I did choke on my food a few times. When I finished he told me to follow him which caught me off guard when I think back to how he was the one who told me I wasn't allowed to leave this room. Nevertheless, I followed.

[Kai] "y'know, its kind of funny when you think about it but. Considering you're the only one I've spoken to in the last week, you're actually the one closest to me right now."

I laughed a little, trying to ease the tension between the two of us, plus it wasn't like I was joking either. It's true that the only one who's visited me at all is Seyird. Though, when I told him that, he just peered over at me with a disgusted look on his face. No matter, not like I'll take anything these people say or do to heart, but if I'm going to get out of here then I need the trust of someone important.

[Seyird] "we're here."
[Kai] "where?"
[Seyird] "lord Verren held up his part of the deal."
[Kai] "no way..."

We sauntered inside the dark room lit by dull torchlight to see a single chair in the middle of the room, a table on the left up against the wall filled with many different cutting tools and chained up to the wall was the bloody figure of Lors. I couldn't help the smirk that appeared on my face.