Chapter 24: Answers

[Kai] "<Collapse>"

The word seems to echo as the ground above the guild begins to shake. The stone trembles and cracks as it crumbles towards the heads of the guild members. the sounds of many yells of surprise with a few screams of agony mixed in fill my ears. I can't help but smile when I think about the kinds of things these guys have done for money. Am I a hypocrite? No, I don't think so. I do what I do to survive. For revenge. And I'll kill anyone who gets in the way of my revenge against the assholes that tried to trick me and hurt Lucile.

After things begin to settle down, I peer into the hole I created and see the bodies of a few dead, some trapped and others trying to move the fallen stones off of their comrades. Of course, some of them appear to be on their way here through the hidden hallway, for those people, I'll fight them. As for those down in the hole?

[Kai] "<Inferno>"

From beneath their feet, a large geyser of flames erupts, burning their bodies to ashes as their dying screams fill the air. The flames shoot up through the hole, lighting up the night sky with bright red brilliance. Within the flame, a shadowed figure appears to be standing with its' head down and fists clenched. Its' body wavers in the light of the flames as it turns to look up at me.

[Kai] "Got a problem?"

I don't receive a reply. Instead, the figure leaps up at me, aiming to slam its' fist into my face. I jump back, avoiding the blow before getting a better look at the one who attacked. A male, with hair alight with orange flames. In fact, almost everything other than his face, which contains his piercing red eyes, and the gauntlets covering his hands, are covered in flames.

[Kai] "What are you?"
[Man] "Why did you do it?"
[Kai] "Hm?"

Is he seriously asking that? A dark guild, by its very definition, is considered evil. Assassinations, bribery, betrayal, forgery, theft, the list goes on but not a single one of them is particularly pleasant. Even if I didn't have a particular reason, no one would bat an eye at their destruction.

[Kai] "Your guild accepted a request to bring harm to someone I care about and frame me for it. You then refused to give me the information I require to take matters into my own hands."

The man seems befuddled by my honesty.

[Man] "If you're after information then why the hell did you burn everything to cinders!?"

Oh. Shit.

[Kai] "A place like this...is bound to have some serious measures against such attacks. You would be idiotic to, say, leave them in a storeroom."

The man begins to shake with what I believe is anger. I suppose that means my assumption was correct?

[Man] "You'll pay for this...I'll kill you!"

The man charges towards me with his fist raised, now covered in a raging flame. I suppose that just like the vampires have their regeneration, amongst other things, this is his races' ability. Demons are so varied.

[Kai] "<Extinguish>"

Moments before the burning man can slam his fist into my face, the flames covering his body vanish, leaving him as nothing more than an angry, powerless idiot.

[Kai] "You should have waited for your allies."

While the man is still in a stupor, unable to comprehend why his ability was cancelled, I open a storage gate beside me and draw a steel short sword. With a quick, horizontal slash, the man's head slowly falls from its' original position while his body follows shortly thereafter.