Chapter 3: Hunting

Waking up in the morning the sun had barely begun to rise as I walked over to my table that was almost collapsing under the weight of gold and began to continue making gold coins before I was left with a grand total of 500. 200 for me and 300 for my mother. Curiosity overtaking my need to leave, I decided I had the time to test one last thing.

[Kai] "<Storage>"

Next to the table, a black gate-like hole appeared, seemingly endless as I looked into it, feeling as if I were about to be sucked into it with no means of escape I looked away, a bead of sweat escaping my skin and rolling slowly down my forehead. This reminded me of the current state I was in. Dirty...

After placing a piece of splintered wood in the storage, testing to see whether it was possible to remove things I placed in there and finding it was possible, I just had to stick my hand in and picture what I wanted which was terrifying in its own right but after finding out it worked, it will definitely be useful in the future.

After placing my 200 gold in the storage, I walked out into the main room and, after making sure there were no windows nearby, left the 300 gold on a table and left before anyone else in the vicinity woke.

Looking around, under the peaceful dawn light, no one would suspect that just yesterday someone had been reborn (sort of) and an elf had been murdered after trying to capture and dissect that reborn person.

The surrounding houses where marginally better than my parents leading me to assume that they didn't have to deal with having a comatose teenager to take care of. The difference in landscape from my previous world though, is a breath of fresh air, literally. The air is much cleaner, the grass is fresh and green as are the trees.

Time to get going. I figure that if I just follow the cleared out path for a while I'll eventually find a town or a city or perhaps just a place that I can clean myself and my clothes. Though I'd rather get new clothes if I had the chance since the ones I'm wearing now are even more raggedy than my parents, just a white cloth shirt and trousers. Not to mention the fact that they're slightly covered in dried elf blood which I can imagine being a total bitch to get out without some sort of washing liquid which probably doesn't exist in this world. Okay, I think I have my order of business about right. First is to find a new city or town, second is some new clothes and a place to wash, third would be finding an inn or something similar to stay in, fourth is finding books to learn more about this world and fifth is to learn more about my ability. This is, of course, subject to changes with the situation.

Continuing forward with a proper goal in mind and new found vigour in my steps I kept walking down the path in front of me. And walking, and walking, and a little more walking... I should have tried to find a carriage or something.

*rustle*

[Kai] "hm?"

The sound of something rustling in the bushes to the right of me could be heard, from how loud they were being, it was either an animal or a rather heavy footed follower. Surely an animal. I haven't made enemies that quickly have I?

I followed the sound through the bushes, eventually coming across a large lake in the middle of a clearing. White rocks outlined the water as it flowed calmly while a small animal was drinking from it.

*rumble*

I grip my stomach whilst looking towards the small fox-like creature. It had the stature and face of a fox but lacked the fur which was replaced with skin resembling that of a deer with small antlers protruding from its head. What should I call this thing? A dox? A feer? My stomach rumbled again. I'll just call it lunch.

After picking up a nearby white stone I looked at it, then to my lunch before coming up with a word to make this a little easier.