Chapter 11: Banquet

When I looked around for a pair of clothes to wear, I found a neatly folded pile consisting of a black silk shirt with strings in place of buttons at the collar, black pants with red accents, black dress shoes and a black trench coat with the same red accents and red silk lining inside. Putting it on, it fit surprisingly well which made me nervous. Did Seyird sneak into my room while I was asleep to take my measurements? Shuddering at the thought I quickly moved it to the back of my mind while contemplating the usage of a detection type ability I could create using a word. Regardless, after not seeing Seyird anywhere in the surroundings I decided to go back to my room and check on how things were proceeding.

After reaching my room and opening the doors, a few vampires directed their gazes towards me momentarily before one of them came up to me and said and did something rather unexpected.

[Vampire] "*bowing* things are proceeding well and almost all barrels that will be used have been moved to the kitchen."

The black haired, young looking man bowed. Why is he bowing? Oh hang on. I look at what I'm wearing, then compare it to what the others in the room are wearing and noticed that my clothing is of a significantly higher grade. Well this is an amusing misunderstanding. I could get used to people bowing before me. Although... I suppose I shouldn't let this continue any further, I am on pretty thin ice as it is, what with me really being human and all.

[Seyird] "Are you ready?"
[Kai] "gah! Stop, doing that!"

He cocked his head to the side in mock confused innocence. That settles it, I definitely need a detection skill.

[Seyird] "if you will come with me, I will inform you of your roll in tonight's banquet."
[Kai] "alright, lead the way I suppose."

On the way out I heard a few of the working vampires muttering.

"He is close to that Seyird?"
"Doesn't that mean he's close to lord Verren?"
"It was a good idea to bow to that child after all."

I know which one said that. I am no child. Would a child cut open the body of a man before using his organs to create blood potions? I think not!

- Lucile's pov

Where is he? The banquet has been going for twenty minutes now and Kai hasn't shown up. I think my father noticed my nervous fidgeting and constant looks towards all of the rooms entrances.

[Verren] "are you alright Lucy?"
[Lucile] "I-I'm fine father, it's just..."
[Verren] "you're waiting for your friend yes?"
[Lucile] "eh? H-how did you know?"
[Verren] "you asked me to reserve the seat next to you and you keep looking around nervously."

He did notice...

[Verren] "don't worry about it. I'm sure he will be here soon."
[Lucile] "o-okay."

Wait, how does my father know something like that? Does he know Kai? What's going on?

[Verren] "while you wait, why don't you try some of your drink?"
[Lucile] "um, okay?"

I hesitantly picked up the glass filled near the brim with the red substance and took a sip before immediately questioning if this was indeed the same blood I had always had. Why?

[Lucile] "it's really good!"
[Verren] "haha~! Now then. Everyone! May I have your attention!"

At my fathers words, everyone, including myself, sat in attention as my father stood in front of us all about to make an announcement.