Don't get me wrong, I wasn't seeking approval or anything but it did get lonely and it wouldn't hurt to have friends for once. The elevator finally stopped on our floor and before I could strike a conversation with him, he got off with his friends leaving me trailing behind them.

Solemnly walking to my cubicle space, I set my backpack down and mentally prepared myself for the rest of the day.

It was almost lunch time and I was dead tired from being in the meeting room with other junior copywriters trying to come up with the best advertising pitch for a product. We had to come up with about five different pitches and present them to Carla to choose which was okay, for her to brush up on it before presenting it to the other executives.

"Alright you slugs, we got three concepts done, two more to go. We will continue after your lunch break." Tom, who was leading us said with disinterest before walking out of the room.

The others shuffled out after him, taking their laptops and notepads with them. I sat patiently waiting for them to leave before taking off my glasses and laying my head on the table. To go to the lunchroom was going to be suicide after what happened in the elevator this morning and besides I didn't feel like eating.

I willed myself to close my eyes for a few minutes before I heard Tom's voice again.

"Santa Feckles, wake up. Here is no place to sleep." He slapped his palm against the table making me raise my head.

"I'm not sleeping sir." I replied to him putting my glasses back on.

"Whatever. You are wanted by Mr Adkins." He stopped on his way to the door, looked at me before talking again. "Good thing you are in jeans today, at least when you fall he won't have to see your ridiculous panties." He snickered before leaving.

My heart started beating wildly in my chest as I got up from my seat, fear was already gnawing at me and my mind wasn't helping either. The only thought that kept on running in my mind was that he was going to fire me.

One step at a time, I moved my now heavy legs out of the room, to the elevator and to the top floor. I could hear people who were still around whispering and laughing as I passed by which only fueled my anxiety.

I rubbed my now sweaty palms against my jeans when I got to the door that read C.E.O and paused for a moment.

"C'mon Faye, you can do this. Remember you have been through worst. If you get fired, you will find another job." I pep talked myself before knocking on the door.

No response came so I decided to knock again........no response. I knocked for the third time and still nothing.

I stood there wondering if I should enter or keep knocking until a response came. I knocked one last time before opening the door  to peek my head in, excepting to see someone in there but no human presence was inside.

Fully entering, I shut the door behind me to take in the well decorated office. It was twice the size of my mother's office. I took this opportunity to look around since no one was here. Not a single thing was out of order, right from the mahogany desk, to the comfy couch at the corner, to the window sill that was graced with glass plague awards.

My curiosity got the best of me making me draw closer to the window sill, I knew this was wrong but I couldn't help it. The view from where I stood was splendid, you could see the rest of the city from this point but that wasn't my interest as of now. I traced my hands on the edges of each award reading what was written on them out loud. My mind was so focused on what I was doing that I didn't notice another presence had joined me.

"Are you done?" Came a stern voice from behind me making me jump a little.

I quickly turned around to face the owner of the voice but my left hand hit one of the glass awards from the sill. It crashed to the ground before I could catch it. My knees found their way to the floor beside the broken pieces just staring at it.

'Why was I such a klutz and why did I even touch them?' I mentally scolded  myself as I felt tears prickling behind my eyes.

My gaze travelled from the shattered glass on the floor to meet hard hazel eyes and that was when I knew I was screwed, big time.

But wait.................why was he standing!!?

Yaaay, another chapter done😀😀. Santa Faye just keeps getting herself into trouble. Well thanks for reading my nonsense, I really appreciate.

Please do vote and comment as they make me very very happy. Peace✌🏾❤️.